St. Mark's Basilica & Doge's Palace Priority Access Guided Tour
If you're in Venice for a short period, this is your go-to pass, with no second thoughts! Skip the long queues and walk into the 2 prime attractions of Venice with your dedicated tour guide narrating gripping stories, lores and facts.
- Skip the 45 minutes long wait at Doge's Palace and St Mark's Basilica and waltz in with your priority access tickets.
- Enjoy a guided tour with our exemplary guide narrating interesting facts, important fragments of history and gripping lores.
- This specially curated pass gives Skip the line + Guided Tour of the 2 most important buildings in Venice. A deal like never before!
- Explore other museums around St Mark's square( Museo Correr, Museo Archeologico Nazionale and Monumental Rooms of the Biblioteca Nazionale Marciana) with the same ticket.
- Avail a free optional coupon to witness the famous Venetian glassblowing technique during a 20 minute demonstration near St. Mark's Square
About Doge's Palace
The Doge's Palace is located in St Mark's Square and is one of the most fascinating and culturally rich monuments in Venice. Having been the seat of political and administrative power of the Venice Republic from its birth to its end, the Palazzo Ducale is a statement to the splendour of the La Serenissima (Venice).
An architectural fusion, this monument is a refreshing blend of contemporary and primaeval eras. It boasts an array of Renaissance masterpieces, grand staircases, opulent rooms and monumental entrances, all of which will leave you breathless.
About St Mark's Basilica
A structure of Byzantine domes decked in gold ground mosaics and intricate designs, the St Mark's Basilica is a sight behold. It was founded in the 9th century to bury the corpse of St Mark which was smuggled by Venetian merchants from Egypt. The original structure was burned down in 932 after which it was rebuilt to the resplendent structure is it today. Its new construction was a cosmopolitan version layered in white marbles from Middle Eastern countries, a Greek cross layout, rippled stonework arches and elements from Byzantine architecture. Due to the abundance of gold used in its architecture, it has earned the nickname Chiesa d'Oro (Church of gold) quite rightly.
Amongst this grandeur, the oldest mosaic on the facade dates back to 1270 and is showcased in the part of the mosaic story depicting St Mark's stolen body arriving at the Basilica. Another star attraction here is the gold altarpiece namely Pala d’Oro studded with 2000 gemstones like emeralds, amethysts, sapphires, rubies, pearls and many others.
Plunge into the political and religious history of Venice over a span of 2 hours with this specially curated tour.
The Doge’s Palace also known as the Palazzo Ducale in its splendid architecture housing artistic masterpieces was the seat of Venetian Political power for centuries together. While you are here, devout all your attention to your guide as the halls and corridors of this building carry stories that will enthral you no bound.
After the palace, walk into Venice’s most majestic cathedral; St Mark’s Basilica. Lay your eyes on masterpieces of Byzantine art, colourful marble installations and shimmering gold mosaic art. Squinting your eyes when you enter the Basilica is only natural, thanks to the shimmering mosaics made with 24-carat gold leaves fused onto the back of the glass to exhibit divine light.Your tour guide is likely to conduct a session wherein you sit comfortably in a certain part of the church and he explains the biblical importance and peculiarities of this ancient basilica. Watch out for tales you may never have heard of before!
This ticket gives you access to a few other places of importance (Museo Correr, Museo Archeologico Nazionale and Monumental Rooms of the Biblioteca Nazionale Marciana) around St Mark’s Square which you can set out to explore on your own. .
- Shared guided tour with commentary by a qualified and experienced guide
- Audio receiver devices in case of groups over 10 people
- Skip the line ticket to the Doge’s Palace, Basilica and Pala d’Oro guided tour
- Audio-receiver devices for tour groups with more than 10 people
- Entrance ticket to Royal Palace now Museo Correr, Museo Archegologico Nazionale and Monumental Rooms of the Biblioteca Nazionale
- Glass Craftsman demonstration close to Saint Mark’s Square
Know Before You Go
Timings and Languages
The tour departs at 10:45 AM and lasts for 2 hours, not counting the complimentary glass demonstration. Please report to the meeting point at least 15 minutes before the departure time.
Until October 31st, 2018, from Monday to Saturday:
- English, German, Spanish and French every day.
- Italian only on Saturday
From November 2nd, 2018 to March 31st, 2019, from Monday to Saturday:
- English: Every day
- German: Monday and Friday
- French: Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday
- Spanish: Wednesday and Saturday
The tour does not operate on:
- Sunday, August 15th
- November 1st
- December 8th and 25th
- January 1st and 6th
- February 24th
- Days of unplanned religious celebration or in case of exceptionally high tides.
- The Basilica is a place of worship, hence, appropriate clothing is recommended (shorts and tank tops will not be allowed).
- Comfortable walking shoes suggested
Restrictions and Notices
- For security reasons suitcases, backpacks or large bags are not allowed inside the Basilica and inside the Doges’ Palace. Prior to your visit, you must deposit them at the Ateneo San Basso (St. Mark’s Square- Calle san Basso). The storage service is free of charge, but please allow sufficient time for you to do so!
- This is not a private tour and is to be shared with other guests not belonging to the same party
- This tour is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities
- If there is a high turnout or for reasons of force majeure (high tide or security problems) the waiting time to access St. Mark’s Basilica may be slightly longer than expected. In such cases, please do line up and respect the instructions provided by the guide
- Photography and filming is prohibited inside the Basilica
Arriving by Public Vaporetto
If you are taking line #1 and get off at “San Marco Vallaresso”. If you are taking line #2 and get off at “San Marco Giardinetti”. After you alight, walk to Saint Mark’s Square. Once here, look for the Bell Tower and cross the adjacent Basilica. You will find our assistant waiting for you with a signboard reading TOUR under the Clock Tower.
Arriving by Private Watertaxi
Ask the driver to take you to the “Todaro” landing stage. Once you alight, walk to Saint Mark’s Square. Once here, look for the Bell Tower and cross the adjacent Basilica. You will find our assistant waiting for you with a signboard reading TOUR under the Clock Tower.
Arriving on Foot
The Clock Tower is located in Saint Mark’s Square. Once by the Bell Tower, go straight on leaving the Basilica on your right and you will find the assistant waiting for you with the signboard TOUR under the Clock Tower.
Super Flexible Cancellation policy
You may cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Venice like never before... this pass can help you say goodbye to the monstrous queues
Art and architecture summed up in one single visit. This pass is worth a lot more than what it is sold for.
There's so much to see and do around St. Mark's Basilica! The Doge's Palace is majestic as well. You will be awe-struck like never before.
How to Use Your Tickets
You will receive your mobile voucher via email. There is no need to print the ticket. Once you reach St Mark's Square look for the Clock Tower near the exchange office ( white building with blue clock facade). You will find our assistant here with a signboard reading "TOUR". Please join him/her and proceed for the tour.
St. Mark's Square - Clock Tower St. Mark’s Square, Venezia