Guided Tour of the Natural History Museum
Find the answers to the biggest nature questions as you dive into the Natural History Museum and uncover the history and secrets of life on Earth. Scroll through the different zones and discover over 80 million items housed with the five main collections
- Explore the world of great dinosaurs and precious gemstones as you discover the museums secret with your professional guide.
- Small group size with a maximum of 10 people allows you to learn more and be a part of a close circle enhancing your visit experience. You can also book a private tour of the venue.
- 2-2.5 hours tour which will take you across the ‘cathedral of nature’.
- See for yourself the specimens collected by Charles Darwin, author of ‘On The Origin of Species’ and watch the researcher's carry on his legacy even today.
Why You Shouldn’t Miss This
Home to life and Earth science specimens totally comprising over 80,000,000 items, the Natural History Museum has been nicknamed the ‘Cathedral of Nature’. The museum attracts over 5.5 million visitors each year is one of the only ones in the world dedicated purely to the study of life and evolution. Known particularly for its dinosaur skeletons and ambient architecture, the museum is the pre-eminent center of natural history and research across the globe.
The best way to explore the Natural History Museum is by going with a professional guide. The majestic museum houses an extraordinary amount of items and having a guide allows you to pursue the museum's collection without feeling overwhelmed. Be it the awe-inspiring dinosaurs or the fascinating displays of Earth’s natural phenomena, the London Natural History Museum is a trove of curiosities sure to be enjoyed by individuals of all ages.
As you walk through the Natural History Museum, you’ll discover more about the beginning of Earth and the dawn of life on the planet. See the remnants of creatures like the dinosaurs and the dodo birds, and catch a rare glimpse of the rare Archaeopteryx the alleged missing link between dinosaurs and birds. You will also be able to the remains of the ‘River Thames Whale’, giant squids, Dinocochlea and much many more fascinating attractions as you stroll through the ‘Cathedral of Nature’.
The best part, you will get to enjoy the services of a professional guide in a small group or exclusively allowing you to further immerse yourself in these natural historic surroundings. The museum itself is spread across four different, color coded zones for maximum ease for the visitor but your trained guide will add another layer of information, knowledge, and curation to this journey into the beginning of life on Earth.
- Admission to the Natural History Museum
- Services of a professional guide
- Private group tour (Optional)
- Admission to the special exhibitions and events
Know Before You Go
Semi Private Tour Timings:
Mon - Sun: 10 AM & 1 PM
Private Tour Timings:
Mon - Sun: 10 AM & 1 PM
Natural History Museum timings: Mon - Sun: 10 AM - 5:30 PM
- The nearest Tube station is South Kensington on the District, Piccadilly and Circle lines. The station is approximately five minutes’ walk from the Museum.
- Routes 14, 49, 70, 74, 345, 360, 414, 430 and C1 stop close to the Museum.
Super Flexible Cancellation Policy
You may cancel up to 48 hours in advance for a full refund.
We had an amazing guide who was professional and great with information. He was friendly and had a great way of explaining things, which made it easy for the kids to understand.
It is an awesome museum! It has great and interesting exhibitions that you should definitely catch.
How to Use Your Tickets
You will receive your voucher via email. No need to print.
Meet by the red phone booth across from the Exhibition Road entrance (which is not the main entrance).
Natural History Musuem, London
Other experiences similar to Guided Tour of the Natural History Museum