Montserrat Day Out - All Inclusive Transportation Pass from Barcelona
Explore the impressive landscape of Montserrat with an all-inclusive ticket from Barcelona. These tickets offer you train tickets, access on funiculars and the option to add museum entrances, lunch and more to round out your experience! If you want to take in the delights of Montserrat in style, comfort and without any troubles, then these tickets are for you.
- Take advantage of this experience that provides transport from Barcelona to Montserrat at the best prices.
- Explore Montserrat's prominent sites with a virtual tour of the Monastery in the Audio-Visual Gallery at the venue.
- Get admission tickets to the Museu de Montserrat and see the works of Dali, El Greco, and Picasso and the chance to indulge in a delicious Catalan meal (Optional)
Why You Shouldn’t Miss This
A holiday site for nearly two million visitors annually, Montserrat is a place of unique beauty, spirituality and solace. A mountainous site with impressive architecture and spectacular views, Montserrat is home to a 1,000 year old monastery which houses a world famous choir and a school of music. You can also explore the Montserrat Basilica, ‘La Moreneta’ - The Black Madonna, the Montserrat museum, the national park and more. Besides the listed activities, there’s a whole bunch of tours, sites and attractions for you to see.
Get round-trip train tickets, metro tickets, unlimited funicular tickets, museum tickets and even a delicious Catalan lunch, all packed in a single combo ticket. However, if you don’t want to visit to museum and want to explore at your own place, then don’t worry, just book the ticket variant which only covers the transport between Barcelona and Montserrat.
Head to the Placa Espanya metro network and take the train to Monistrol de Montserrat. From the foothills of Montserrat, you can choose to climb via the ‘Cremallera’ - rack railway - or via ‘Aeri’ - cable car. In both cases, you’ll enjoy breathtaking panoramic views of the Pyrenees and the sea. In case you’d like to go higher up, ride on the Sant Joan funicular. The Santa Cova funicular takes you to the grotto where La Moreneta, the virgin of Montserrat, is said to have appeared. You will also get to partake in the Espai Audiovisual virtual tour.
Depending on which ticket variant you choose, you will get tickets to the Museu de Montserrat and a lunch included in your experience. Feel free to explore the history and traditions of the Catalan area, or venture into the wild natural park for a tryst with nature, or ride the funicular for breathtaking views of the landscape.
- Barcelona Metro Ticket
- Track railway or cable car of Montserrat
- Return train to Monistrol de Montserrat from Playa Espanya
- Unlimited use of Santa Cova and Sant Joan funiculars
- Entrance to Audio-Visual Gallery in Montserrat
- Entrance to Museu de Montserrat (Optional)
- Delicious local lunch featuring typical Catalan cuisine (Optional)
Know Before You Go
- Trans Montserrat without Museum: These tickets do not include admission to the Museu de Montserrat and does not include a lunch.
- Trans Montserrat with Museum and Lunch: Along with the transport inclusion, you will also get access to the Museum de Montserrat and get to enjoy a delicious Catalan meal.
It is very important for you to exchange the voucher for physical tickets before you begin this experience. You can do the same at the tourist office located in Placa Catalunya at any time between 8:30 AM and 8:30 PM.
Museu de Montserrat Timings
The Museu de Montserrat is open daily from 10 AM - 5:45 PM with the last admission at 4:30 PM.
The station, funicular, and museum are accessible to individuals with impaired mobility. In case you want to visit other attractions, please check the accessibility criteria individually.
Rules to be observed in the Sanctuary
The Basilica and Tabernacle of Our Lady:
- You may take photos inside the Basilica, provided you do so without flash and no services are being held.
- At the Throne of Our Lady, it is best not to take photos, as it slows down the queue and disturbs others.
- During acts of worship, we ask you not to enter the Basilica unless you wish to take part. Please wait until the services are finished.
- The Tabernacle of Our Lady is closed during services to make it easier for the faithful to take part and attain an ambiance of silence and prayer.
The Crypt, the Holy Chapel and the Tabernacle:
- These are places of worship. Please do not enter unless it is for devoting a few minutes of prayer and meditation.
- All museum visitors must act properly and safely at all times and they must not disturb others, hinder the normal operation of the museum or damage the museum facilities. Children must be accompanied by an adult responsible for their behaviour.
- Visitors may not enter the museum with bags, packages, suitcases or backpacks larger than 40 x 30 cm.
- Photographs may be taken without flash in the museum galleries. Taking photographs is prohibited in the temporary exhibitions, unless otherwise indicated. Tripods are not allowed.
Super Flexible Cancellation Policy
You may cancel your tickets up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund on your booking.
How To Use Your Ticket
You will receive an email with your Montserrat Day Out - All Inclusive Transportation Pass from Barcelona ticket voucher shortly. Please take your e-voucher to the ticket redemption point and redeem your e-tickets for physical tickets.
Ticket Redemption Point
17, Tourist Office, Placa Catalunya
- By Metro: Take the Green Line (L3) or Red Line (L1) to Placa Catalunya
- By Bus: You can reach Placa Catalunya on any of the following routes:- 24, 41, 42, 55, 66, 67, 68, V15, H16 and Aerobus.
Your tickets are valid only for the date for which you’ve scheduled the experience.