Roma Pass: 48 & 72 Hours Unlimited Pass
The Roma Pass is a Rome sightseeing pass that allows tourists in Rome to get free access to up to 2 landmarks in the city, discounted admission at other major attractions and unlimited free usage of the city's public transport system. Available in 48 and 72-hour formats, the Roma Pass makes it easier, and cheaper to enjoy the wonders of Rome.
Roma Pass Highlights
- Free access to 2 museums/historical sites with the 72-hour pass and 1 museum/historical site with the 48-hour pass.
- Free unlimited usage of the Rome public transport system - bus; metro A, B, B1 and C and railway lines Roma-Lido, Roma Flaminio Piazza del Popolo-Viterbo, Roma-Giardinetti.
- The pass is activated only after its first usage.
- Discounts and reduced-price ticketing for all other museums and archaeological sites visited during the valid days.
- At the Colosseum and at the National Museum of Castel Sant’Angelo, Roma Pass holders have direct access to the security checkpoint, without waiting in the ticket window line.
- Free booking for Borghese Gallery and Palazzo Valentini.
- An augmented reality map of Rome and an audio/video guide.
What does the Rome Pass contain
The kit includes:
- The Roma Pass 48 or 72 hours card, valid for both public transport and entrances to museums.
- A map of Rome featuring the most interesting site in Rome, all the Tourist Information Points, metro and buses.
- Roma Pass Guide: a guide to all participating museums and sites (not included with 48 hour Roma Pass)
How does the Roma Pass work
Once you complete your purchase, you will receive a voucher confirming your Roma Pass. You will then have to collect the Roma Pass from one of many Rome’s Tourist Information Point.
Depending on the card you choose, the pass is valid for 48 or 72 hours once it gets activated. The card will only get activated once you use the card to visit any of the attractions or use it to travel in Rome's public transport system. Before activation, the pass will be valid for 8 months from the date of purchase.
The card is valid for 48 or 72 hours from the first use - at the first museum entry or when the first journey on public transport is taken. With the 48-hour pass, only the first museum/site visited will be free while the remaining will have discounted ticket prices. With the 72-hour pass, only the first two museums visited will be free.
Museums, Monuments and Archaeological Sites covered by the Roma Pass
Mercati di Traiano
Museo dell'Ara Pacis
Museo di scultura antica Giovanni Barracco
Museo della Civiltà Romana
Museo delle Mura
Museo di Casal de’ Pazzi
Museo di Roma
Galleria d’Arte Moderna
Museo Carlo Bilotti
Museo di Roma in Trastevere
Musei di Villa Torlonia
Planetario e Museo Astronomico
Museo Civico di Zoologia
Museo Nazionale Etrusco di Villa Giulia
Museo Nazionale d'Arte Orientale
Museo Nazionale dell'Alto Medioevo
Museo Nazionale Preistorico
Museo Nazionale Romano
Scavi di Ostia Antica
Galleria Nazionale d'Arte Moderna
Galleria Nazionale d'Arte Antica in Palazzo Barberini
Galleria Nazionale d'Arte Antica in Palazzo Corsini
Museo Nazionale di Palazzo Venezia
Museo Nazionale di Castel Sant'Angelo
Museo Nazionale degli Strumenti Musicali
Museo Nazionale delle Arti e Tradizioni Popolari
No cancellations or refunds. The pass is valid for 8 months from date of purchase until first use.
The Roma Pass was not worth it. I found I didn't use the public transport as much.
This pass is value for money. It redeems itself in simply the two attractions allowed.
The Roma Pass helped me save a lot of money. I was in Rome for 72 hours and used it a lot for internal travel.
How to Redeem your Roma Pass
Your email confirmation will be sent to you shortly with the Card Code. Your card has to be collected from one of the redemption points mentioned below:
• PIT Castel S. Angelo, Piazza Pia (next to the gardens of Castel Sant’Angelo), 9.30am - 7.00pm.
• PIT Ciampino, Aeroporto G.B. Pastine - External area International Arrivals, 8.30am - 6.00pm.
• PIT Cinque Lune, Piazza delle Cinque Lune (Piazza Navona), 9.30am - 7.00pm.
• PIT Fiumicino, Aeroporto Leonardo Da Vinci - International Arrivals - Terminal T3, 8.00am - 8.45pm.
• PIT Fori Imperiali, Visitor Center Via dei Fori Imperiali. 01 January-30 June and 01 September-31 December: 9.30am – 7.00pm – 01 July-31 August: 9.30am – 8.00 pm.
• PIT Minghetti, Via Marco Minghetti (corner to Via del Corso), 9.30am - 7.00pm.
• PIT Nazionale, Via Nazionale (Palazzo delle Esposizioni), 9.30am - 7.00pm.
• PIT Sonnino, Piazza Sidney Sonnino (Trastevere). 10.30am - 8.00pm.
• PIT Termini, Stazione Termini - Via Giovanni Giolitti, 34, platform 24. 8.00am - 6.45pm.
Piazza Pia, 00193 Roma RM, Italy, Roma