Florence Duomo and Academia Gallery Guided Tour
Explore the beautiful city of Florence with these tickets that allow you tour this charming, vivacious place as well as access one of the most incredible art collections in Italy, housed at the Accademia Gallery, not to mention visit the famed cathedral, Duomo di Firenze!
- Visit inside the Cathedral(Duomo).
- Skip the Line tickets to Accademia Galleria.
- See Florence's spectacular Duomo from the outside, crowned by Brunelleschi’s dome and embellished with frescos by Vasari.
- Small Tour group size (max.25) allowing for a more interactive, comfortable and engrossing experience.
- Expert local guides who lead the way and provided in-depth insights about the artworks.
Begin your morning with a trip to the Accademia Gallery. Over here you will be able to cherish the works of Botticelli, Giotto, Michelangelo and many others. The gallery is home to the 17ft sculpture of ‘David’ by Michelangelo which is regarded as the most intricate and charming sculpture to have ever been sculpted. The gallery also houses a Museum of Musical Instruments which showcases the Grand Ducal Collection of over 50 musical instruments. Combined with modern multimedia, the museum allows you to immerse yourself into the music like the Medicis did centuries ago.
Once your tour of the museum comes to an end, it’s time to visit the Florence Baptistery. The world-famous site is an architectural marvel dedicated to Saint John. Be sure to carefully study the East Gate dubbed by Michelangelo as the ‘Gates of Paradise’. Over here you can also see the baptized version of Dante Alighieri and other prominent figures from the past.
Your final stop will be the Duomo. Take the opportunity to see the Duomo Square, where the magnificent Florence Cathedral is, known locally as Il Duomo, for the stunning dome that crowns it. This incredible feat of engineering required a whole new process for its construction, which your guide will describe as you view it from the outside. The entrance to the Duomo is free and you can visit independently if you wish, as the guide will provide you with a full explanation of its internal and external features.
Accademia Gallery and Michelangelo’s David | Piazza degli Uffizi | Piazza della Signoria | Palazzo Vecchio | Porcellino | Orsanmichele Church | Mercato Nuovo | Piazza della Repubblica | Baptistry Doors | The Duomo (Santa Maria del Fiore) | The Cathedral (the Duomo)
- Tour as per description.
- Small groups of 25 people or less.
- Skip the Line Entrance to Accademia Gallery.
- Visit inside the Cathedral (the Duomo).
- English speaking guide.
- Audio Headsets.
Know Before You Go
Modest attire with completely covered knees and shoulders. This is necessary to enter the Church
The tour begins at 8:30 AM and 4:30 PM from Tuesday to Sunday.
- Please note that because of religious festivities and on Sundays, access to the Duomo (Cathedral) is restricted. Also in the afternoon the Duomo is always closed, in which case a detailed tour will be given from outside.
Please note, due to long lines it might not be possible to visit the Duomo. In this case the guide will give an explanation from outside.
Please note that on Sundays and on days with religious festivities, access to the Duomo (Cathedral) may be restricted.
Your guide will meet you at San Marco square, Piazza San Marco, in front of the monument to Manfredo Fanti, right in the middle of the square. Arriving by foot: Piazza San Marco is located 100 mets from the Accademia and 500 meters from the Cathedral (the Duomo) of Santa Maria del Fiore.
- Child Ticket: Ages 4-12
- Student Ticket: Ages 13-22
- No food or drinks can be consumed inside the museum
- Please carry valid photo ID
- No bags and large backpacks, helmets, knives, scissors or any hazardous objects will be allowed in the gallery.
Super Flexible Cancellation Policy
You may cancel up to 72 hours in advance for a full refund.
Angelo A was an amazing guide... I was brought to tears when he was talking about the meaning of Michelangelo’s David .Excellent tour!! Thank you!!
The Duomo tour was well organized. The audio headsets were helpful for me to keep a track of the information. Well done.
I loved the detailed information and the number of places included. This tour had audio guides which was the best feature.
You will receive an email confirmation with your mobile voucher instantly. Please display the same on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID.
Your guide will meet at San Marco square, Piazza San Marco, in front of the monument to Manfredo Fanti, right in the middle of the square
Piazza di San Marco, Firenze