Park Guell Guided Walking Tour with Skip the Line Entrance
On this pleasant walking tour of Park Guell, you will be in the company of an official guide and receive skip the line access as well. You will be able to explore the park and come face to face with Gaudi’s masterful creation and marvel at how nature and design breathe and coexist in one beautiful space.
Park Guell Guided Walking Tour Highlights
- Bypass the ticket queue and head inside the park without wasting precious time standing in the ticket line.
- Learn about the history of the park and how it was transformed from a housing estate to a park that is now a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Visit important attractions of the park such as the Hypostyle Room, the Greek Theatre, the Austria Gardens.
- Learn about the Catalan decorative style of trencadis - mosaics made of broken tile shards
Why You Shouldn't Miss This
Park Guell is one the most visited landmarks in Barcelona. Originally envisioned by Eusebio Guell and designed by Antoni Gaudi as a housing estate, the park was constructed between 1900 and 1914. However, this plan did not materialize and instead, the project was converted into an urban park. Park Guell was designated as a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1984. Today, the park stands on Carmel Hill and is one of the most prominent landmarks of Barcelona.
The park lays Gaudi’s design approach bare. As you explore the park, you will see Gaudi’s approach of designing structural elements that replicate the curves, colours and intricacies found throughout nature. From the main entrance gate to the smallest tile that covers a sculpture, each element of the park is a testament to Gaudi’s mastery of Modernisme and Art Nouveau design. The usage of flowing lines and bright colours lie in perfect harmony to the surrounding natural landscape of Mediterranean tree-covered hills. No visit to Barcelona would be complete without visiting Park Guell.
After you complete the purchase, you will receive your Park Guell guided tour tickets via email. You will meet your guide at the starting point of the tour - the Souvenirs Shop located in Carrer d'Olot nº 12, in front of the main entrance of the Park Güell.
After you meet your guide, you will receive priority access to the park. Once you enter the park, your guide will take you to the park and show the highlights of the park. The first architectural element of the park that you will see are the two buildings on either side of the gates. These buildings were the erstwhile porter’s lodge and now serves as part of the Barcelona History Museum. The next highlight of the park will be the staircase that leads one from the entrance to the main area. The staircase is one of the most iconic sections of the park, especially the sculpted dragon that flanks the staircase. After the staircase, you will head to the Hypostyle Room, a structure meant to resemble a forest and a space that is supported by 86 Doric columns. The Hypostyle Room supports the Greek Theatre on its roof.
The Greek Theatre is surrounded by curved benches on one side and large columns that resemble palm trees on the other side. The bench, similar to the Porter’s Lodge and the dragon staircase is covered in broken tile shards, a Catalan decorative style known as trencadis. From the Greek Theatre, you will be able to soak in panoramic views of Barcelona, and the Sagrada Familia in the distance. Other prominent features of the park that you will be able to visit are the Laundry Room Portico, the Austria Gardens and the Viaducts.
- Monolingual or bilingual official guide
- Priority entrance and guided visit to Park Güell
Know Before You Go
The tour is available every day at 10:00 AM, 11:00 AM and 6:30 PM.
The meeting point is located next to the main entrance of the park. The main entrance gate is located at the junction of Carrer de Larrard and Carrer d’Olot.
Bus - Lines H6, 32, 24 and 92. Get down at Carretera Carmel-Park Güell stop.
Metro - Green line (L3), Vallcarca or Lesseps stations. Park Güell is a 15-minute walk from both these stops.
How to Redeem your Tickets
• You will receive your guided tour voucher in a few minutes.
• On the day of the experience, visit the meeting point - Souvenirs Shop located in Carrer d'Olot nº 12, in front of the main entrance.
• Hand over the printed voucher to your guide.
• Explore the beautiful Park Guell.
Outside a souvenir shop, nº 12 Carrer d'Olot.
How to Find
The souvenir shop is located opposite the main entrance of Park Guell.
Park Güell, 08024 Barcelona, Spain, Barcelona
- Please be at the meeting point at least 15 minutes before the tour begins
- This tour starts from the souvenirs shop located in Carrer d'Olot nº 12, in front of the main entrance of the Park Güell
Other experiences similar to Park Guell Guided Walking Tour with Skip the Line Entrance