Palace of Versailles Priority Access + Passport Entry with Audioguide
Skip the long entry line with your priority access pass and head straight inside the exquisite Palace of Versailles. With your audio guide to lead the way, tour the ornate royal estate. While a basic entry ticket only includes access to the Royal Apartments, Hall of Mirrors and the gardens - a Passport also gives you entry to Marie Antoinette’s Estate, as well as the stunning Musical Garden shows. Experience the best of the best with this all-inclusive ticket.
Versailles Priority Access + Passport Entry Highlights
- Avoid long queues with exclusive skip-the-line access and make the most of your time at Versailles.
- Tour the magnificent Grand Apartments as your audio guide demystifies some of the Palace’s most enticing secrets.
- Get dazzled by the Hall of Mirrors - a corridor filled with 357 mirrors that majestically reflect the gardens through arched windows.
- Roam around the gardens and explore 250 acres of gorgeously landscaped lawns and fountains.
- Get a glimpse into the lives of the French monarchy’s most influential figures.
- Witness one of the stunning fountain or musical shows in the Palace’s gardens.
Why You Shouldn’t Miss This
The exquisite Palace of Versailles is one of the most extraordinary achievements in 17th century European art. Situated just 30 minutes outside Paris, in the village of Versailles, this elaborate complex once thrived as an epicenter of political power for the Kingdom of France.
Today, the Palace, also known as Château de Versailles, contains 700 rooms spread across 800 hectares. Illustrating more than five centuries of French history, the Palace not only houses remarkable works of art - it stands as a work of art itself. One of the most ornately designed rooms of all, the Hall of Mirrors features 357 mirrors, including seventeen mirror-clad arches that reflect the seventeen arcaded windows overlooking the gardens. The Versailles Palace Gardens span an impressive 250 acres, and continue to thrive as a beautifully manicured plot with 400 sculptures and 1,400 fountains.
Each year, it is estimated that approximately 5 million people visit the Palace of Versailles, and between 8 and 10 million people walks its gardens. A place of immense beauty, Versailles stands as a symbol of France’s monarchy and its glorious history.
What to Expect on Your Versailles Priority Access + Passport Entry Experience
With your Priority Access pass, avoid the never ending queue and make your way directly into the Palace of Versailles. Your VIP ticket gives you access to all the areas included in regular entry tickets, plus entry to Marie Antoinette's Estate and the Musical Gardens and Fountain shows, which happen on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.
Upon entering the Palace, collect your complimentary audio guide from one of the two pick-up counters located on the ground floor, one at the entrance to the Apartment Ladies and the other at the entrance to the Gallery of Castles. Begin your visit by exploring the ornate King and Queen's State Apartments. Learn about the French monarchy and explore the themed salons and their elaborate ceiling paintings. Next, make your way to the glittering Hall of Mirrors.
After admiring the inside of the Palace, head outdoors and take in the grandeur of the estate’s impressive architecture. Stroll along the cobblestone grounds, through the beautiful French gardens, and pass by the gorgeous Versailles fountains. At Marie Antoinette’s Estate, discover the Trianons and get a peek into her secret life.
For tips on how to navigate the palace, make the most of your time, and choose the best experience, refer to our Palace of Versailles tours and tickets collection.
- Priority Access to the Palace of Versailles
- Audio Guide
- Access to the Castle (Royal Apartments + Hall of Mirrors) Gardens, Park, Carrosses Gallery
- Access to Marie-Antoinette’s Estate
- Entrance to the Gardens on Fountain Show and Musical Show days
- Transportation from/to Paris
Know Before You Go
Palace of Versailles Hours
Everyday, except Mondays, the Palace opens at 9 am and closes at 6:30 pm. Last entry is at 6 pm. The Trianon Estate and the Carrosses Gallery open in the afternoon, at 12 pm and 12:30 pm respectively. Both close at 6:30 pm. The Gardens open at 8 am and the Park at 7 am; both close at 8:30 pm. (Hours are subject to change during severe weather conditions.) The entire premise of the Palace of Versailles closes each year on May 1st.
Versailles Garden Fountain and Musical Shows
From April through the end of October, shows will take place every Saturday and Sunday, as well as on Tuesdays from May 23 to June 27, 2017. Your ticket includes VIP access to these shows.
The Palace of Versailles is located only 30 minutes from central Paris. The main entrance to the Palace of Versailles is by the Cour d'Honneur. To reach by train, you have several options:
- Take RER line C to Versailles Rive Gauche. From the station, it’s just a 10-minute walk to the Palace.
- From Paris Montparnasse train station, SNCF trains arrive at Versailles Chantiers station, an 18-minute walk to the Chateau.
- From Paris Saint Lazare train station, SNCF trains arrive at Versailles Rive Droite station, a 17-minute walk to the Château. You can find RER and SNCF trains schedule at www.transilien.com.
Timings Versailles skip-the-line VIP tours with audio guide are available Tuesday through Sunday, starting at 10:30AM, 11AM and 11:30AM.
Upon arrival, head directly to the entrance of the Castle. Your Versailles Skip-the-Line Tour tickets will allow you to bypass the long entry line, saving you upto 3 hours of queueing. In addition, having pre-booked tickets online, you will also avoid the hassle of having to wait in line at the on-site ticket box office. Keep in mind that all visitors, regardless of ticket type or vendor, are still required to pass through security.
When to Visit
During high season, from April through October, it is recommended to visit the Palace early in the morning, right when it opens. Tuesdays and weekends generally see the most traffic, especially on days of water fountain shows.
Tour Length It takes approximately 3-4 hours to tour the royal apartments, Hall of Mirrors, Trianons, Park and gardens. However, your ticket grants admission until closing hours on the day of your visit.
Audio Guide Audio guides are available in 11 languages: Spanish, Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese and Russian. There are two audio guide pick-up counters, both located on the ground floor: one at the entrance to the Apartments of Mesdames, and another at the entrance to the Gallery of Castles, just after crossing the Royal Court.
Upgrade to Versailles Guided Tour If you’d like to maximize your time at the palace of Versailles and get a more indepth Castle experience, check out the Versailles Half Day Guided Tour ticket.
Versailles Priority Access + Passport Entry & Audio Guide tickets have a strict non-refundable cancellation policy. Should you miss your reserved time slot or wish to reschedule, you will not be allowed to do so.
Over the course of our winter trip, we visited Palace of Versailles this month. We saw many tourist attractions but this stole our heart. We got a glimpse into the lives of the French monarchy’s most influential figures.
The best part about booking from here was the priority access pass, to avoid the queue. The VIP ticket gave us access to all the areas included in regular entry tickets, plus entry to Marie Antoinette's Estate and the Musical Gardens and Fountain shows.
Top class feels i must say. Palace of Versailles was amazing. We chose a weekday and thankfully it was not crowded at all! We chose the audio guide with the passport entry which actually speeds up the entry for you to any where within the palace.
How to Redeem your Tickets
• Upon confirmation of your booking, you will receive your voucher in a separate email.
• On the day of your Versailles experience, display your voucher via mobile phone at the Guidatours office, located just a few minutes walk from the Palace of Versailles, directly across the street from the train station Versailles Rive Gauche.
• A host will hand you your skip-the-line voucher and escort you to the Palace of Versailles entrance.
• Make your way through security and straight into the palace, bypassing the hours-long entry line.
• Collect your audio guide from one of two pick-up counters and enjoy your experience at the palace of Versailles.
Your Versailles ticket is valid starting at your reserved time slot, until closing on the day of your visit.
Guidatours, 10 Avenue du Général de Gaulle, Versailles
Other experiences similar to Palace of Versailles Priority Access + Passport Entry with Audioguide