Thames Clippers Crusie
One of the hottest Thames cruises in London, Thames Clippers is perfect if you’re looking to explore the city and its monuments by river. The fleet is also one of the fastest in London, allowing to to travel between piers faster, and more efficiently. With two ticket variants, including one unlimited Hop-on Hop-off experience, you’re guaranteed stunning waterfront views of London’s iconic riverside monuments and attractions!
- Discover the top attractions of London by embarking on a cruise on the Thames River.
- Choose a ticket that allows you to go from any pier to any pier of your choice, or choose one that allows unlimited Hop-On Hop-Off across 17 piers on the river.
- Learn more about the city, and its attractions by downloading the free audio guide app.
- These catamaran boats are among the fast in the city, allowing you to save time as you cruise from one pier to another.
- On-board coffee bars are available on each vessel.
Why You Shouldn’t Miss This
The Thames Clippers experience is a rather scenic, exciting and relaxing adventure on the mighty Thames. Escape the crowded tubes, buses clogged in traffic and enjoy a journey on the fastest fleet of catamarans on the river. With incredible sights all around including St. Paul’s Cathedral, London Eye, and Big Ben, this is not only the quickest way to get around, but also the most scenic.
What’s really impressive about these tickets are the two variants. The first one, ‘one way’ lets you travel between any two piers of your choice. Or, you can choose the ‘river roamer’ which lets you explore the central and east zone at your own pace by offering unlimited Hop-on Hop-off for the day.
Not only is the Thames Clippers fleet the fastest, it is also the most frequently operated boat on the river. With departures every 20 minutes from key central piers, even your waiting time is reduced. Another standout feature of this ticket is the online app which includes audio guides about London and its prominent sights.
Cruising the Thames lets you experience London from a different perspective. With dramatic views, fresh breeze and quick transfers, this experience is ideal, whether you’re a tourist or a local looking to beat the traffic.
Just head to any of the piers, and get on any of the Thames Clippers fleet. After that, it's just smooth sailing. Sit back and relax as you’re transported from one end of London to another through some of the most scenic views in all of the city. With panoramic views of the city’s top attractions including Houses of Parliament, Westminster Bridge, London Eye, Oxo Building, St. Paul’s Cathedral, London Bridge, and more, you’re sure to remember the views from this cruise.
If you’re a tourist, then you’ll love the River Roamer experience. With unlimited Hop-on Hop-off across the Central and East Zones, you can take in the city sights and attractions at your own will. If something piques your interest, hop-off at the next pier, check out the attraction, and hop-on to find your next destination.
- Thames Clipper Ticket
- Unlimited Hop-on Hop-Off (Optional)
Know Before You Go
In the next step of the booking process, you will be asked to choose between two ticket variants. Here’s a brief about the variants which will help you select the appropriate ticket:
- One Way: The One Way variants allows you to travel between any two piers of your choice. If you choose this ticket option, you will be asked to enter your desired boarding point and disembarking point.
- River Roamer - The River Roamer tickets allows you unlimited Hop-on Hop-off on the day of the booking. However, this is restricted to the Central Zone and East Zone. You will not be allowed to explore the West Zone with this ticket.
The Thames River cruise is divided into 3 zones: West, Central and East. Depending on which ticket variant you choose, you’ll be able to access select zones. Note: Canary Wharf pier is both in Central and East Zone.
There are 4 lines that operate in this ticket. These are the Red Line, Blue Line, Green Line and Purple Line.
Red Line: Putney - Canary Wharf Blue Line: London Eye (Waterloo) - North Greenwich( Emirates Air Line) Green Line: Battersea Power Station - Woolwich (Royal Arsenal) Purple Line: Battersea Power Station - London Bridge City
We recommend you to download a copy of the route map before you begin your experience.
Boat Information and Rules
- All routes ply between a 20 and 40 minute frequency.
- All boats are wheelchair accessible. However, London Bridge, Wandsworth Riverside Quarter and Cadogan Piers are not accessible via wheelchair.
- Bikes(Bicycles) are permitted onboard.
- Boats run every day of the year apart from Christmas Day and Boxing Day
- Service will run in all weather conditions apart from extreme fog.
- All boats are covered and have inside seating. Most of the boats also have an open deck area.
- All seating is based on a first come, first serve basis.
- Dogs are allowed onboard with a lead.
- Individuals aged between 5-15 are requested to book the children’s ticket.
The tickets is valid only for the date for which you’ve scheduled the experience.
You may exchange your voucher for a physical ticket at the following MBNA ticket offices:
North Greenwich Pier
Canary Wharf Pier
Tower Bridge Pier
London Bridge Pier
Strict Cancellation Policy
These tickets cannot be cancelled/refunded once the booking has been confirmed.
How To Use Your Ticket
You will receive an email with your Thames Clipper ticket voucher shortly. Please take a print of this. We know it sucks, we’re trying to get this changed soon.
After you’ve taken the print, you can proceed to any of the piers and show your ticket and the ticketing kiosk. Exchange your printed voucher for the actual ticket at any time between 9 AM and 6 PM, and enjoy your Thames Clippers experience.
River Thames, London, United Kingdom, London
Other experiences similar to Thames Clippers Crusie