Guided Tour of Pompeii & Naples from Rome
Embark on a full day adventure from Rome to explore the beautiful city of Naples, known the world over for it’s art, culture and, of course, food (this is the birthplace of pizza, after all), before heading to Pompeii, once a thriving city and now an archeological marvel, home to ancient temples and artwork created over a millennia ago.
- Depart from Rome in a mini bus towards the Campania region.
- Enjoy a tour of the Mediterranean city of Naples, learn about its rich history and gastronomy and admire the picturesque panorama.
- Stop for lunch in a first class hotel amidst gardens dating back to the 1700s.
- Travel back in time as you walk through the remains and ruins of Pompeii, discovering ancient houses, bakeries and shops that once made up the everyday life of the city’s inhabitants.
- Avail skip the line access to the Pompeii archaeological site.
You will set off from Rome, passing the lush green fields of the Italian countryside before stopping in Naples. This enchanting city looks over the clear, blue waters of the bay of Naples, a view you can take in as your coach climbs up the Vomero hill, overlooking the whole city. The skyline is dominated by nearby Mt. Vesuvius and it is the perfect setting to take pictures to capture the unrivaled scenic beauty of this quiet and unassuming part of Italy. Your coach will then descend towards the Port of Mergellina before departing the city and heading south to the ancient city of Herulaneum, which is now known as Ercolano. It is here that you will have your mid day meal, surrounded by the marvellous setting of one the finest restaurants in the region.
Travel further south to Pompeii. A UNESCO World Heritage site and one of the most important archeological sites in Europe, Pompeii welcomes nearly 2.5 million visitors every year, and it isn’t difficult to see why. Skip the lines and walk through the city that has been frozen in time since the eruption of Mt. Vesuvius in 79 AD, which killed all the city’s inhabitants and buried it under ash. Pompeii’s ruins were only rediscovered a few centuries ago, but they were found to be remarkably well preserved. This can be observed as you are guided through the bakeries and shops in the market and pass by the ancient homes of the Romans who once lived here. At the end of this fascinating visit, you will return to your coach for your trip back to the capital.
- Hotel pickup and drop off from or near centrally located hotels in Rome.
- A professional local guide in multiple languages (English and Spanish daily, while German is only on Saturday and Sunday)
- Skip the line entrance tickets to Pompeii
- Audioguide in the archeological site of Pompeii in multiple languages (Italian, French, German, English, Chinese, Japanese, Portuguese and Russian)
Know Before You Go
Pick ups start at 6:30 AM from centrally located hotels. The tour begins at 7:30 AM daily and you will be dropped at or near your hotel at the end of your tour.
This tour lasts approximately 12 hours.
Please enter the name of the hotel you would like to be picked up from along with a valid phone number at the time of checkout for operational reasons.
Moderate Cancellation Policy
You may cancel up to three days in advance for a full refund.
You will receive an email with your voucher. No need to print. Please display the same at the time of pick up.
The tour starts and ends at your hotel, Rome
- Free of charge for infants between 0-2 years old
Other experiences similar to Guided Tour of Pompeii & Naples from Rome