From Amsterdam: Windmills, Edam and Volendam Tour
From marveling at the windmills at Zaanse Schans to learning about local cheese in Edam, this tour is inclusive of all things Dutch, making it quite the Netherlandic experience to remember!
- Travel from Amsterdam on a comfortable A/C coach to the quaint hamlets of Volendam and Edam on this tour.
- Escape to the Windmill Haven of Zaanse Schans and learn all about Dutch Windmills.
- Indulge in some delectable cheese in the charming hamlet of Edam.
- Enjoy a short walk through the oldest parts of the Volendam, exploring a labyrinth of twists and turns to sites such as St. Vincent’s Church, the wooden Stolphoevekerk and the Visafslag (Fish Auction).
Escape to the Windmill Haven of Zaanse Schans
Escape the mundane city routine with this half-day guided tour of the classic Dutch countryside. Upon pick-up from your designated meeting point, you will be driven in a luxury coach to windmill haven - Zaanse Schans. This village is home to windmills dating back to the 18th and 19th century. Here, you can watch live demonstrations of craftsmen at work, and then explore the village at your own pace.
Learn all About Dutch Cheesemaking in Edam
Next, you continue on to Edam, the pearl of the Zuiderzee. The town's ancient streets and canals are etched by beautiful 17th-century buildings. Some of these famous structures include the Carillon Tower, the Great Church, and town hall. You can also check out the public weighing house, where to date Edam cheese is sold every Wednesday.
Visit Major Tourist Attractions in Volendam
Finally, you make a stop at the picturesque seaside village of Volendam. A major tourist attraction since the late 1800's, this fishing village is thronged by thousands to see the small buildings and houses. A great place for a souvenir, and to get pictures clicked in traditional Dutch costume. Your guide will take you on a short walk through the oldest parts of the city, exploring a labyrinth of twists and turns to sites such as St. Vincent’s Church, the wooden Stolphoevekerk and the Visafslag (Fish Auction).
- Visit to Zaanse Schans, Edam, and Volendam in an AC coach
- Professional Tour Guide
- Live commentary on board
- Hotel Transfers
Know Before You Go
From November 5th
Pick up from Heineken Experience bus stop: 10:00 AM.
Pick up from A'DAM Tower: 10:30 AM.
From March 21st
Pick up from Heineken Experience bus stop: 8:30 AM.
Pick up from A'DAM Tower: You will be picked up at 9:00 AM.
Super Flexible Cancellation Policy
You may cancel up to 48 hours in advance for a full refund.
You will receive an email confirmation with your From Amsterdam: Windmills, Edam and Volendam Tour vouchers shortly. Please display your vouchers on your mobile phone with valid Photo ID at the meeting point.
You may assemble at any of the following meeting points for pick up.
- You may assemble at the Heineken Experience (Stadhouderskade 78) at 10 AM from November 5th and at 8:30 AM from March 21st. Make sure to wait on the side of the main entrance and do not cross over to the canal cruise side.
- You may assemble at A'DAM lookout tower (Overhoeksplein 5) at 10:30 AM from November 5th and 9 AM from March 21st. Make sure to assemble at the check-in desk inside the entrance of the A'DAM tower.
- You may assemble at the entrance of This is Holland (Overhoeksplein 51) at 10:30 AM from November 5th and at 9 AM from March 21st.