WWII Churchill’s War Rooms & Westminster Walking Tour
Travel to the political heart of London on this guided walking tour of Westminster, the base of the government during wartime London. In your tour of the Churchill War Rooms, learn about one of the most controversial leaders of all time - Winston Churchill, as he hid in a secret bunker during WWII, plotting the defeat of Hitler.
- Experience London as it was during World War II and travel back in time on a fascinating walking tour of Westminster.
- Get acquainted with Winston Churchill on a tour of the Churchill War Rooms, which remain unchanged in time since the Allied victory!
- Get perspective on some of the most important events that took place in wartime London, with the help of an expert and knowledgeable guide.
- The tours are accompanied by audio headsets which give you a peek into Churchill’s speeches and personal testimonials of men and women who risked their lives to change the course of history.
- A small group of 20 or fewer assures a more intimate and unhurried experience.
Walking Tour of Westminster
Your tour begins with a guided-walk through Westminster. Lying on the west bank of the River Thames, Westminster has been central to British politics, the government, and monarchy for the longest time. Westminster is home to some of London’s most iconic sights, like the clock at Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, and 10 Downing Street. You’ll also visit the Houses of Parliament and the Cenotaph - the national monument for victims of the war. On this guided tour, you’ll get an introduction to Winston Churchill, remembered for his inspirational speeches and for leading Britain to victory during the Second World War.
Back in time to World War II - The Churchill War Rooms
While a raging Hitler was torpedoing through the world, million others suffered the brunt of war. Rations were scarce, families were apart, and there was much hatred and loss. As London struggled to hold fort during crumbling times, their leader, Winston Churchill, sought out a solution once and for all. He, along with several Cabinet ministers went underground, into a secret bunker, where a plan was set in motion for Hitler’s downfall in order to finish the war. The Churchill War Rooms remain unchanged in time, with pots still on stoves, maps still hung on walls, and beds still made up.
Gather a deeper understanding of the man behind the fall of Hitler. Winston Churchill was loved and hated in equal measure, but his efforts as a wartime leader don’t go amiss. Learn about the man whose words moved an entire nation to change the course of history. Interactive displays in the Churchill Museum, with videos, radio broadcasts, and newspaper clippings give you a closer peek into life during wartime London. Hear Churchill’s speeches and testimonials of men and women who worked there with the help of an audio-guide. With a small group of only 20 people or fewer, your tour of the Churchill War Rooms will be more personal and unhurried.
Churchill War Rooms | Houses of Parliament | No. 10 Downing Street | Cenotaph | Foreign and Commonwealth Buildings | Westminster Abbey | Big Ben
- Expert, English-speaking tour guide
- Admission ticket and reservation fee for Churchill War Rooms
- Audio headsets
- Small group of 20 or fewer
- Hotel Transfers
Know Before You Go
There are tours taking place daily at 9:30 AM, 2:00 PM, and 3:00 PM
Reduced Price Tickets
Discounted rates are available for children. Please select the appropriate option during checkout.
People with mobility issues should make their way to the front entrance via Birdcage Walk by St James Park. Once inside, the Churchill War Rooms are wheelchair accessible throughout.
- Children under 16 years need to be accompanied by an adult.
- It is advisable to not bring along rucksacks and big suitcases.
- After the walking tour of Westminster, you will be escorted to the Churchill War Rooms which you can explore at your own pace with an audio-guide for company.
Super Flexible Cancellation Policy
You may cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID to your guide.
- If you have purchased reduced price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid Student IDs.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays.
These tickets are valid for the date and time chosen during purchase.
- Your Meeting Point is - Westminster Tube.
- The entrance to the station is right opposite Big Ben.
- This point is walking distance from Westminster Bridge.
- The City Wonders coordinators will be wearing blue polo shirts or jackets at the meeting point for easy recognition and holding a sign with the tour name.
- To locate the meeting point on Google Maps, simply search for - Westminster Station
- These Tube lines stop near Westminster London Underground Station: District, Jubilee.
- These Train lines stop near Westminster London Underground Station: Gatwick Express, South West Trains, Southeastern, Thameslink.
- These Bus lines stop near Westminster London Underground Station: 211, 53, 748, 87