Phillip Island Penguin Parade Tour
Explore some of Victoria’s most popular tourist destinations on this day tour of Phillip Island from Melbourne. Acquaint yourself with some of the most unique animals in the world found only in Australia. Enjoy the iconic Penguin Parade on Phillip Island, hand feed kangaroos and wallabies at Moonlit Sanctuary, visit the famous Brighton Beach boxes and more on this all exclusive day tour of Phillip Island.
- Depart Melbourne around midday and head to the city’s most vibrant attraction - the Brighton Beach bathing boxes.
- Journey through Melbourne’s suburbs to Moonlit Sanctuary Wildlife Conservation Park for a unique Australian wildlife experience.
- Go on a guided wildlife walk and hand-feed native Australian animals such as kangaroos, wallabies, koalas, Tasmanian devils, emus & more.
- Enjoy the interactive “Conservation in Action” wildlife show at the Moonlit Sanctuary.
- Head to Phillip Island and visit Point Grant and The Nobbies for irresistible views of coastal Victoria from the boardwalk overlooking Westernport Bay, Bass Strait and the Seal Rocks.
- Watch hundreds of Little Penguins return from the sea and waddle their way to their burrows at the Penguin Parade.
- Upgrade your ticket to include a Penguins Plus Viewing experience - enjoy the Penguin Parade from an exclusive observing area with no more than 300 people.
- You also have the option to upgrade your ticket to a Guided Ranger Tour - priority seating area along with an immersive guided tour of the Penguin Parade.
This epic adventure to Phillip Island will acquaint you with some of Australia's most iconic wildlife as you spend your day in the company of penguins, kangaroos, koalas and more. Your day tour will begin in Melbourne when you will be picked up at between 11 AM - 12 noon. Once you board the coach, the group will head to Moonlit Sanctuary Wildlife Conservation Park on the Mornington Peninsula, before heading to Phillip Island for the Penguin Parade.
Brighton Beach Boxes
The first stop on your journey will be the Brighton Beach Boxes - Melbourne’s most colorful attraction. Spend some time relaxing at the beach and taking photographs of the 82 multi-colored beach huts that line the shore of one of Melbourne’s most vibrant neighborhoods.
Moonlit Sanctuary Wildlife Conservation Park
The journey to Phillip Island continues through the suburbs of Melbourne before stopping at Moonlit Sanctuary Wildlife Conservation Park in Mornington Peninsula. The sanctuary is a 25-acre park that is home to native Australian animals, including many endangered ones. You can see kangaroos, koalas, Tasmanian devils, emus, wombats, dingoes and more. You can also hand feed wallabies and kangaroos at the park. Your time at the sanctuary also includes the “Conservation in Action” wildlife show - an immersive experience that highlights a number of lesser-known Australian species.
After the sanctuary, you will make your way to Phillip Island. Your first stop on the island will be Point Grant and The Nobbies. The westernmost point on the island, Point Grant affords spectacular views of the surrounding bay. As you walk along the boardwalk, you will see Little Penguins hiding under the boardwalk or peeking their heads out from the burrows as they wait for their mates to return for the night. You will also be able to see Seal Rocks and a horde of Australian Fur Seals that call the rocky outcrop home.
The final item on your day tour of Phillip Island will also be the highlight of everyone’s experience - the iconic Penguin Parade. Make your way to the arena as the sun begins to set as it marks the imminent start of the parade. Watch in amazement as Little Penguins leave the sea and waddle past you as they head back to their burrows. A daily ritual that has attracted thousands of visitors to the island, you will see hundreds of penguins reunite with their mates and share kisses, make little dance moves and head to their burrows for the night - capping the day with an unforgettable wildlife experience.
- Brighton Beach Boxes
- Moonlit Sanctuary Conservation Park guided tour
- “Conservation In Action” wildlife show at Moonlit Sanctuary
- Hand feed kangaroos, wallabies, emus & more
- Point Grant and The Nobbies
- Phillip Island Penguin Parade
- FREE onboard Wi-Fi
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Food & Drinks
Know Before You Go
During checkout, you have three ticket options to choose from:
Phillip Island Day Tour + General Viewing Ticket - Day tour along with general seating at the Penguin Parade arena
Phillip Island Day Tour + Penguin Plus - Day tour along with access to unrivalled views of the parade and a local ranger to help you understand the penguins and their fascinating lives.
Phillip Island Day Tour + Guided ranger - Day tour along with the opportunity to join a fully ranger-guided group of no more than 10 at the Penguin Parade. This option offers priority seating in a separate area from other attendees for a more intimate experience.
The tour takes place daily with pick-ups in Melbourne scheduled between 11:00 AM to 12:00 noon.
Returns between 9:00 PM - midnight.
Duration: 11 hours approx.
There are multiple meeting points spread throughout Melbourne where you can board your coach. You can find a list of all eligible stops (including hotels) during checkout.
No photography is allowed during the Penguin Parade.
Flexible Cancellation Policy
You may cancel this tour up to 48 hours in advance for a 50% refund.
Your tickets will be emailed to you shortly. Please display the ticket to your tour guide along with a valid photo ID during pick-up.
Phillip Island, Melbourne