Royal Palace Guided Tour
Skip the lines and head straight inside the Royal Palace of Madrid with this guided tour through its many rooms and galleries. Learn about the many historical and artistic pieces on display with insightful commentary from your expert guide. Experience the splendor of Spanish Royalty and immerse yourself in the rich tapestry of Spanish culture and history with these tickets to Spain’s crown jewel.
- Skip the line and gain priority access to the Royal Palace, saving time spent in the ticket queues.
- Follow your expert guide through the many rooms and galleries of the palace, such as the throne lounge, the gala dining room, the royal chapel, and the parade grounds, and much more.
- Learn more about the paintings and frescoes made by the Old Masters, such as Goya, Velasquez, Caravaggio, and Battista with facts, anecdotes, and commentary from your guide.
What to Expect
Save time on the long queues and gain priority access to the Royal Palace of Madrid with this guided tour. As you wander through the halls of this illustrious building, the largest functioning palace in Europe, you can admire its 16th-century Baroque architecture, as well as the many frescoes, tapestries, and decorative motifs that adorn its walls. Within the palace, you can visit some of the most impressive rooms and galleries in the palace, like the throne lounge, the gala dining room, the royal chapel, and the parade grounds, while you are regaled with facts and anecdotes by your expert guide.
Along the way, you can admire and learn about works of art by Caravaggio, Juan de Flandes, Francisco de Goya, Diego Velázquez, Giovanni Battista Tiepolo, among others, which are on display, as well as learn more about Spanish history and the Palace’s roots in Moorish and Catholic tradition. Many other collections of great historical and artistic importance are also preserved in the palace, including the Royal porcelain, watches, furniture, silverware, and the world's only complete Stradivarius string quintet. Later you can also relax at the gorgeous gardens and thoughtfully laid out plazas that are housed within the palace complex. A treat for art and history lovers, a walk through the Royal Palace of Madrid is sure to be an unforgettable experience that will stick with you for long after.
- Fast-track tickets to the Royal Palace of Madrid.
- Guided tour with an expert bilingual guide.
- Hotel Pick-Up/Drop-Off
Know Before You Go
- The voucher is only valid for the day you have chosen for your visit.
- The palace may be closed on special occasions for the celebration of official acts.
Timings and Availability
- Winter (November to March): Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, at 8:30 AM or 2:45 PM.
- Summer (April to October): Daily at 8:30 AM or 2:45 PM
The tour lasts for 1.5 hours, approximately. Please arrive at least 10 minutes before the starting time of the tour.
- January 1: Closed for the day.
- January 6: Closed for the day.
- May 1: Closed for the day.
- October 12: Closed until 5:30 PM, and open until 9:30 PM
- December 24: Closed from 3:00 PM.
- December 25: Closed for the day
- December 31: Closed from 3:00 p.m.
Please be advised that the tour will be conducted in both English and Spanish.
Since the tour will cover a fair amount of ground in 1.5 hours, we recommend you put on some comfortable shoes to walk with ease.
This experience is accessible by wheelchair.
Reduced Price Tickets
- Children aged 6-15 are eligible for reduced prices. Please select "Child" option on the last page.
- Infants aged 0-5 can visit for free
Strict Cancellation Policy
These tickets cannot be canceled, refunded or changed.
How to Redeem your Ticket
You will receive an email with your Madrid Royal Palace Guided tour mobile voucher. No need to print. Please display the same to your guide and security and head inside directly.
The meeting point is at the Metro Opera, 28013 Madrid, Spain.
- By bus: Lines 25, and 39 ply to the nearest bus stop, Opera.
- By metro: Lines 5 and 2 (Opera station)
Metro Opera, Madrid