Exclusive Disney on Broadway: Behind the Magic with New Amsterdam Theatre
Embark on an exclusive guided tour of the New Amsterdam Theatre and experience Broadway like never before. Created in collaboration with Disney Theatrical Group, on this tour you will get to see behind-the-scenes actions of theatrical plays such as "Aladdin" or "The Lion King".
- Get an exclusive behind-the-magic Broadway tour created in collaboration with Disney Theatrical Group.
- Discover the magic of Broadway productions like ‘The Lion King’ and ‘Aladdin’ with a special guided tour of Disney’s landmark New Amsterdam Theatre, led by the in-house historian.
- Get into character with a special hands-on visit to the New Amsterdam Theatre’s Costumes & Props Studio.
- Enjoy a 1.5-hour guided tour of the best of Broadway; stopping at all the most important theatres and hotspots to learn about the actors, shows, and scandals that rocked NYC’s theatre district.
- On this tour you will be provided with audio headsets, so you’ll never miss a word from your guide.
The Magic of Disney and the Glamour of Theatre
Meet your guide and spend 1.5 hours learning about the history of this incredible building. Kick start your adventure with a visit o the first floor and balcony levels. Admire the vast stage as your guide describes what goes into the creation and performance of Broadway productions like ‘Beauty & The Beast’, ‘Mary Poppins’, ‘Aladdin’ and ‘The Lion King’. You will also get to hear stories about the superstitions held by Broadway performers, as well as a few ghost stories.
The Secret Treasures of the Theatre
The highlight of your experience is in the second part of your New Amsterdam tour. You’ll visit the Prop Studio, where you’ll find treasures; original props, costumes, and set piece of many of your favorite Disney on Broadway musicals. On this part of the tour, you’ll meet a team of actors, crew members, and even theatre managers — all of whom have first-hand experience of life behind the curtains.
- Access to the New Amsterdam Theatre
- Expert English speaking guide
- Audio Headsets
- A small group of people (25 or less)
- Pick-Up and Drop-Off
Know Before You Go
- This tour is available on all weather conditions. Please make sure to carry appropriate clothes according to the weather.
- You will be allowed to touch, use, or take photographs with the props that you find on this tour.
- Guests are advised to arrive 15 minutes before the given departure time.
Please note, the voucher is NOT redeemable at the New Amsterdam Theater ticket desk.
This tour available every day at 09:30 AM.
Reduced Ticket Prices
- Child Tickets are available for children between the age of 2 and 14.
- Children under the age of 2 can accompany adults for free.
Super Flexible Cancellation Policy
You may cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund.
Your mobile voucher will be sent to your email shortly. Please display this on your mobile device at the meeting point.
George M. Cohan statue at West 46th Street between Broadway and 7th Avenue towards the end of the block, (NOT the statue in front of the red stairs.)
By Bus: Get down at 49th Street, it is a 2-minute walk to the meeting point.
George M. Cohan statue at West 46th Street between Broadway, 7th Avenue towards the end of the block, New York