Exclusive Disney on Broadway: Behind the Magic with New Amsterdam Theatre
For Broadway lovers and Disney fans, there’s no better experience than this new, exclusive access tour. Created in collaboration with Disney Theatrical Group, this tour takes you behind the magic at the New Amsterdam Theatre; entering when the theatre is closed for a special guided tour.
- Brand new: This an exclusive behind-the- magic Broadway tour created in collaboration with Disney Theatrical Group (you could say it’s the ‘happiest tour on earth’).
- Discover the magic of Broadway productions like ‘The Lion King’ and ‘Aladdin’ with a special guided tour of Disney’s landmark New Amsterdam Theatre, led by the in-house historian.
- Get into character with a special hands-on visit to the New Amsterdam Theatre’s Costumes & Props Studio.
- Enjoy a 1.5-hour guided tour of the best of Broadway; stopping at all the most important theatres and hotspots to learn about the actors, shows and scandals that rocked NYC’s theatre district.
- With audio headsets you’ll never miss a word from your guide.
Spend a full hour with the in-house historian, learning about the history of this incredible building. You’ll have the place to yourself so you can visit the first floor and balcony levels, admiring the vast stage as your guide describes what goes into the creation and performance of a Broadway production like ‘Beauty & The Beast’, ‘Mary Poppins’, ‘Aladdin’ and ‘The Lion King’. You’ll hear stories of the goings-on behind the scenes and learn about the superstitions held by Broadway performers — including a few ghost stories.
The highlight of your experience is in the second part of your New Amsterdam tour. You’ll visit the Prop Studio, where you’ll find treasures untold, getting up close and personal with original props, costumes and set piece for many of your favorite Disney on Broadway musicals.
To ensure that you get a full picture of Broadway and that you have as much context as possible when you visit the New Amsterdam, you’ll take a guided tour of Broadway before your visit, stopping at landmark theatres where legendary shows drew huge crowds and global attention. For this section of your tour, you’ll travel with one of our Broadway Insiders, a team drawn from a bank of actors, crew members and even theatre mangers — all of whom have first-hand experience of life behind the curtain.
With your Broadway Insider guide, you’ll see the most popular cast hangouts and identify the most important theatres — in both a historic sense and from a theatrical and musical standpoint. You’ll hear stories you’ll hardly be able to believe (like how a goat once fell from the roof of one of these very theatres) and get a grasp of just how colossal a Broadway production is; how much blood and sweat goes into every performance and how many people there are behind the scenes and in the wings every time the curtain rises.
Like a theatre director on opening night, you can rest assured that we’ve taken painstaking care over the little details on this tour. We’ve chosen only the best guides to join our Broadway Insiders team and have drawn up the perfect route to showcase the very best of showbiz, combining the magic of Disney and the glamour of Broadway into one epic behind- the-magic adventure.
- Exclusive behind-the- magic access to Disney Theatrical’s New Amsterdam Theatre (with Prop Studio access)
- Expert in-house historian for your New Amsterdam Theatre tour
- Broadway Insider to show you the ropes on a 1.5 hour Broadway tour (will also stay with you for New Amsterdam section)
- Audio headsets so you can hear your guide for Broadway tour — with special audio inserts from Broadway shows and Disney productions
- Hotel Pick-Up/Drop-Off
Your e-voucher will be emailed to you within 20 minutes of booking. Please display a digital or printed copy of the same at boarding point.
George M. Cohan statue at West 46th Street between Broadway, 7th Avenue towards the end of the block, New York
- Guests are advised to arrive 15 minutes before the given departure time.
- Please note, the voucher is NOT redeemable at the New Amsterdam Theater ticket desk.
- Meeting Point: George M. Cohan statue at West 46th Street between Broadway and 7th Avenue towards the end of the block, (NOT the statue in front of the red stairs.)