Alone in St. Mark's Basilica with Optional Doge's Palace
This exclusive Alone in St. Mark's Basilica tour will begin when the guard unlocks the Basilica doors after the crowds have gone for the night. On this intimate tour of one of the world’s most unique churches, you will get to see the incredible Pala d'Oro, and the crypt, gold mosaics, and much more.
- Enjoy special entry access to one of the world’s most unique churches after hours.
- Take in the splendor of St. Mark's Square, St. Mark's Basilica, St. Mark's Crypt, and the Pala d’Oro Altarpiece.
- This tour will also cover the Bell Tower in St. Mark's Square and the Marciana Library.
- The expert guide will take you through the history of the jaw-dropping space.
- Upgrade your ticket to get access to get entry into Doge's Palace, too.
- Local English-speaking guide
- Expertly guided walking tour
- Exclusive access ticket for St. Mark's Basilica (after closing)
- Doge's Palace (optional)
These tickets can't be cancelled or rescheduled.
This exclusive tour will take you through one of the most unique and awe-inspiring churches in the world: St. Mark's Basilica. Here you’ll get to see the unique mix of Western and Byzantine art. Your expert guide will even take you through the epic story of its construction.
Most importantly, during this after-hours tour, you will not only get to visit St. Mark's Square but also the church and its 43,000 square feet of golden mosaics. You will then descend into the crypt to see where some of Venice's most famous inhabitants are buried (when it isn't flooded). Then you will get to see the beautiful altar and the famous Pala d'Oro altarpiece with nearly 2,000 precious gems. All of this, without noisy crowds - what more can one ask for?
If you've chosen it as an option, you'll also get to see Doge's Palace, a historic landmark that served as the seat of Venetian political power for centuries.
know before you go
COVID-19 Safety Measures
- Guides have received health and safety training, and monitor temperatures daily. They are also trained in group social distancing practices.
- Both guests and guides are required to carry sanitizers and are asked to wash hands regularly.
- Everybody’s required to wear masks in accordance with the local government regulations.
- Headsets are disinfected at the beginning and end of the experience.
- The tour is conducted in small groups.
- Note: From August 6th, all Italian sites will require guests and guides alike to provide proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test completed within 48 hours prior to entry. They will also require a legal form of ID matching the vaccination or test results. This does not apply to children under 12.
- You can only carry small bags as there is no luggage or coat check.
- The tour is wheelchair-accessible. However, you are required to provide a notice in advance.
- On certain days there may be a short break between the visit to the Doge's Palace and St. Mark's Basilica (never more than one hour). This may extend the overall length of the tour.
- St. Mark’s Square (Piazza San Marco)
- St. Mark's Basilica
- St. Mark's Crypt
- Pala d’Oro Altarpiece
- Bell Tower in St. Mark's Square (exterior)
- Marciana Library (exterior)
- Doge's Palace (optional)
- Wed, Fri, and Sun at 8:30pm.
Guided Tour with Doge's Palace
- Daily at 2pm.
Since it is a holy place, both men and women are required to wear clothing that covers their shoulders and knees.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Please display your mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID at the meeting point.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid student IDs.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays.
- You will receive the meeting point details on the final voucher once you have placed your booking.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.