Pompeii and Naples Archeological Full Day Trip from Rome
Embark on a full day adventure from Rome to explore the beautiful city of Naples, known the world over for it’s art, culture and, of course, food (this is the birthplace of pizza, after all), before heading to Pompeii, once a thriving city and now an archeological marvel, home to ancient temples and artwork created over a millennia ago.
- Avail skip-the-line access to the Pompeii archaeological site.
- Enjoy a tour of the Mediterranean city of Naples, learn about its rich history and gastronomy and admire the picturesque panorama.
- Stop for lunch in a first-class hotel amidst gardens dating back to the 1700s.
- Travel back in time as you walk through the remains and ruins of Pompeii, discovering ancient houses, bakeries and shops that once made up the everyday life of the city’s inhabitants.
- Hop aboard air-conditioned coaches that take you to and from the attraction with no hassles.
- With the help of a professional tour guide, you no longer have to worry about missing out on any information vis-a-vis your surroundings.
- With tour guides available in 5 languages (namely English, Spanish, German, Portuguese and French), learn about the attractions in the language you're most comfortable with.
- You may choose to pick a self-guided tour with the aid of dedicated audio headsets. These audioguides are available in Italian, Russian, Portuguese, Japanese, German, French and Chinese.
- Skip the line entrance tickets to Pompeii
- Headsets for audioguide for Pompeii in multiple languages (optional)
- A professional local guide in English, Spanish, German, Portuguese or French (optional)
flexible cancellation policy
Get a full refund on canceling this ticket up to 48 hours before the schedule
With the aid of professional tour guides, sit back and enjoy the view as they fill you in on the attractions you pass by. You can now select your tour guides in English, Spanish, German, Portuguese and French. You may further choose to have a self-guided tour, which provides you with an audio guide. This audio guide is available in Italian, Russian, Portuguese, Japanese, German, French and Chinese.
Your Tour Begins
You will set off from Rome, passing the lush green fields of the Italian countryside before stopping in Naples. This enchanting city looks over the clear, blue waters of the bay of Naples, a view you can take in as your coach climbs up the Vomero hill, overlooking the whole city. The skyline is dominated by nearby Mt. Vesuvius and it is the perfect setting to take pictures to capture the unrivaled scenic beauty of this quiet and unassuming part of Italy.
Your coach will then descend towards the Port of Mergellina before departing the city and heading south to the ancient city of Herculaneum, which is now known as Ercolano. It is here that you will have your mid-day meal, surrounded by the marvelous setting of one the finest restaurants in the region.
Travel further south to Pompeii. A UNESCO World Heritage site and one of the most important archeological sites in Europe, Pompeii welcomes nearly 2.5 million visitors every year, and it isn’t difficult to see why. Skip the lines and walk through the city that has been frozen in time since the eruption of Mt. Vesuvius in 79 AD, which killed all the city’s inhabitants and buried it under ash.
Pompeii’s ruins were only rediscovered a few centuries ago, but they were found to be remarkably well preserved. This can be observed as you are guided through the bakeries and shops in the market and pass by the ancient homes of the Romans who once lived here. At the end of this fascinating visit, you will return to your coach for your trip back to the capital.
know before you go
This ticket has the following options you can choose from:
- Spanish Guided Tour
- German Guided Tour
- French Guided Tour
- English Guided Tour
- Portuguese Guided Tour
- Self-guided Tour with Audioguide
COVID Safety Information
- All areas that customers frequently touch are sanitized.
- Contactless payments and online bookings are required.
- Guests may/may not be subject to temperature checks beforehand.
- All guests are recommended to bring along face masks for safety.
- It is recommended to maintain social distancing with other guests (2 meters apart).
- Regularly sanitize your hands. Sanitizers are available upon request.
The audioguide is available in Italian, Russian, Portuguese, Japanese, German, French, Chinese.
- Pick-ups start at 6:30am from centrally located hotels. The tour begins at 7:30am daily.
- The tour ends in front of Santa Maria degli Angeli e dei Martiri near Metro A line stop Piazza della Repubblica and Termini Station (Metro A and B).
- This tour lasts approximately 12 hours.
Children aged 2 and under can go for free (carry a valid photo ID).
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly.
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID to your guide.
- If you have purchased reduced price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid Student IDs.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays.
- Meet your tour guide at Viale Luigi Einaudi.
- The meeting point is in front of Santa Maria degli Angeli e dei Martiri near Metro A line stop Piazza della Repubblica and Termini Station (Metro A and B).
- Here, you will board the bus that will take you to Pompeii.
Get Directions to the Meeting Point
- Board bus 64, 70, 82, 85, or 170 and get off at Repubblica bus stop.
- This stop is a 2-minute walk to the meeting point.
- Take the metro line MEA and get off at the Repubblica metro station.
- This station is a 2-minute walk to the meeting point.
This ticket is valid for the time and date selected at the time of checkout.