Guided Tour & Panoramic Bus Transfer to the Catacombs
Embark upon a true journey of discovery through the eerie Catacombs of the Eternal city!
- Seek out uncommon and mysterious sights at the eerie catacombs of Rome, a sight you’ll never forget.
- Start at Rome’s Venice Square, where you will board the panoramic open bus and meet your tour guide.
- The panoramic open bus will bring you from the city center to the underground catacombs of Rome.
- Enjoy the 25-min multimedia video and learn anecdotes about Ancient Rome.
- Arrive at the catacombs and prepare your descent to the spooky underground tunnels
- Learn about Rome’s unusual history and the many purposes of the catacombs
- This guided tour is available in English, Spanish, Italian, and German
- Expert tour guide
- Panoramic open bus return transfer from city center to catacombs
- 45-min guided tour of the Catacombs
- 25-min multimedia video
- Hotel transfers
- Food & drinks
You can cancel these tickets up to 24 hours before the experience begins and get a full refund.
Discover the unusual, baffling, and outlandish sites that Rome has to offer on this VIP guided tour. Get ready to have your assumptions about Rome turned upside down! Your VIP Tour includes transfer from the center of Rome to the Catacombs aboard a panoramic bus. An App City audio guide will brief you on what you are about to see. The catacombs were created in response to a shortage of land for the remains of the deceased. This extensive network of tunnels is a sight you will never forget!
Your friendly tour guide will expertly navigate your way through the underground tunnels of the Catacombs while explaining to you the unusual history of Rome. Below the buzzing streets and towering monuments lie a concealed side of the ancient city! The tunnels snaking underground are lined with tombs carved out of the rock. Hear fascinating stories about the history of these sacred places on this VIP guided tour (in the language of your preference).
know before you go
This ticket has the following variants that you can choose from:
- English-Guided Tour
- Spanish-Guided Tour
- Italian-Guided Tour
- German-Guided Tour
- This tour is not wheelchair or stroller accessible.
- This tour is not recommended for pets.
- This tour is also not recommended for guests who are prone to feeling claustrophobic.
- In case you cannot visit the Catacombs of St. Callixtus, you’ll visit another Christian Catacombs in Rome.
- The staff will accompany you to the panoramic bus that brings you to the catacombs.
- Please note the chosen time must be respected and latecomers would not be accommodated.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID to your tour guide
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid delays
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification
- Meet your driver at Touristation Office
- Address: Piazza d'Aracoeli 16, 00186 Roma, Italy
- Your driver will be waiting for you here
- It is right across from the Fontana di Piazza d'Aracoeli
- The closest bus stop is Ara Coeli/Piazza Venezia, a 1-minute walk to the meeting point
- 8Bus, 30, 40, 44, 62, 63, and more will get you here
- The closest tram stop is Venezia, a 2-minute walk to the meeting point
- Tram #8 will get you here
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout