Historical Half-Day Tour of Porto with Port Wine Tasting
- Instant confirmation
- Mobile ticket
Discover the historical treasures of Porto on a guided tour of the historical center, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Round off your experience with a visit to a wine cellar and sampling of wine for which Porto is so well-known.
- Listen to cultural and historical anecdotes from an expert guide throughout the tour.
- Travel in a comfortable A/C minibus for your foray into history and tradition.
- See São Bento Railway Station, one of the 10 best train stations in the world.
- Learn the secrets of Port wine, and enjoy a tasting at a local winery.
- Appreciate the Classical Renaissance and Neo-Gothic styles preserved in the city through monuments like Clérigos Church.
- Expert guide
- Comfortable minibus with A/C
- Port wine cellar visit and wine tasting
- 1 bottle of water per person
- Meals and drinks other than wine tasting
- Entrance fee to Clérigos Church and Tower
You can cancel these tickets up to 24 hours before the experience begins and get a full refund.
Discover the Historical Heart of Porto
Begin your tour with one of the city's most beautiful and important monuments - the Porto Cathedral located in the highest part of the city. With the foundation laid in the 12th century, the cathedral maintains the appearance of a fortress with battlements. Proceed to one of the best highlights of the tour, the São Bento Railway Station. One of the most beautiful of its kind in Europe, the station is known for dazzling blue and white tiles that represent the most significant moments in the country's history.
Continue towards the beautiful Clérigos Church and Tower, built by the architect Nasoni and known for its Classical Renaissance style. Seen from many points of the city, the 75-meter bell tower is one of the city's most important landmarks. See the incredibly beautiful neo-gothic facade and interiors of the Lello Bookstore. Rumor has it that J.K. Rowling's inspiration to write Harry Potter was sparked right here!
The tour will take you through many more sites and neighborhoods that played a significant role in shaping Porto's history, including Batalha Square, Santa Catarina Street, the Majestic Café, Bolhão Market, and Aliados Avenue.
Dive Into Porto's Wine Heritage
The last leg of your tour takes you to a port wine cellar in Gaia. Learn all about the winemaking process right from producing to bottling that leads to the world-famous wine. Conclude your day by enjoying a tasting of your own.
Porto | Cathedral | São Bento Train Station | Clérigos Church | Lello Bookstore | Batalha Square | Santa Catarina Street | Majestic Café | Bolhão Market | Aliados Avenue | Port Wine Cellar
Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
- It is recommended to wear comfortable shoes.
- The tour is available in English, Spanish, French, and Portuguese.
Daily: 9am or 2:30pm onwards.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the meeting point.
- Please arrive at the meeting point 10 minutes before the scheduled time of your visit to avoid any delays.
- Meet your guide at Living Tours.
- Address: R. de Mouzinho da Silveira 352 354, 4050-418 Porto, Portugal.
- The closest bus stop is S.Bento. It is a quick 1-minute walk to the meeting point.
- Board bus 500 to get you there.
- The closest metro station is São Bento. It is a quick 1-minute walk to the meeting point.
- Board metro D to get you there.