Pompeii Half-Day Guided Tour with Transfers from Naples
A city whose name resonates with legends and myth, Pompeii has been famous throughout history. Buried in volcanic ash and lapilli, the site, even today remains one of the largest, well-preserved Roman Age sites. Explore the site on a half-day tour with a professional guide and dive deep into its history as you walk through the cobbled streets and see sights from over 2 millennia ago.
- Skip past the long queue lines and make your way into the site with your priority access tickets.
- Discover the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Pompeii, an ancient Roman town believed to be a myth till the 18th century.
- See an ancient town almost perfectly preserved by volcanic ash; frescos, buildings, and artworks.
- Indulge in a historic adventure into the Roman town and see common artifacts which resemble those found in the 21st century.
- Pick-up and drop-off from Naples to Pompeii and back aboard an air-conditioned GT coach/minibus.
- Roundtrip transfers between Naples and Pompeii
- English commentary aboard the GT coach
- Guided walking tour of Pompeii
super flexible cancellation policy
You may cancel up to 48 hours in advance for a full refund.
why you shouldn’t miss this
The perfect half-day tour from Naples, Pompeii is an ideal distance away for a scenic day trip. Explore the ancient Roman town, famous for being preserved in a near-perfect state, and revel in the ancient glory of the Campania region. Age-old ruins, breathtaking volcanic landscapes away from the city, this experience is perfect for anyone looking for a short break from Naples.
With these tickets, you don’t have to worry about anything on your Vesuvian adventure. Travel in a fully fitted GT coach/minibus will pick you up. Audio-commentary onboard the GT coach will keep your interest in the site piqued. See the massive site spread over 50 hectares along with objects from the Roman Era as you discover one of the largest remnants of ancient Roman architecture, culture, and style.
Another important reason why you don’t want to miss out on this ticket, in particular, is the skip-the-line access. You can just zoom past the long ticketing queues and make your way directly to the archaeological site.
An archaeological site that is timeless, Pompeii harks back to life in the 1st century AD. The heat and ash generated from Mt Vesuvius were so high, that Pompeii appears to have been frozen at the moment with plaster casts of people standing as they were millennia ago.
Get picked up by your tour guide and make your way to Pompeii on the luxury A/C GT coach/minibus. Upon arrival, it’s time to step into the historic site with a professional guide.
Top it off with the incredible Mount Vesuvius in the background, and the views simply cannot be found elsewhere in the world. Scour the town streets and take in the many ancient ruins that earn this town it’s UNESCO World Heritage Site tag. From the Villa of Mysteries to the Basilica, there’s a lot for you to take in and discover including intricate murals and simple day-to-day objects.
House of the Faun
The House of the Tragic Poet
Cave Canem Mosaic
know before you go
- Mandatory, starting from August 6, 2021: Participants over 12 years of age must present, together with the ID Card, their EU Green Pass or their own country document to prove one of the following: to have received full vaccination; to have received first vaccination at least 15 days ago; to have had COVID-19 infection in the past 6 months; to have a negative test made no more than 48 hours before the activity. Those who will not present the required documents, will not be entitled to any refund.
- Please note: there will be no breaks when visiting the sites at Pompeii. Please ensure that you carry a bottle of water should you need it as there are no beverages and food included in this tour.
The tour is available at 8:30 AM, 9:00 AM and 2:30 PM daily. You can go to the next step and select the slot that is in your convenience.
Transfers for Bookings within 48 hours of departure
Please note that should you make a booking within 48 hours of the departure time of your tour, you must call the tour operator in order to confirm the pickup time and location. Thought it must be confirmed, your pick up time will be 30-45 minutes prior to the departure time of the tour itself.
Dress Code and Baggage
Please note, there is a quite a bit of walking on this tour and we recommend wearing comfortable walking shoes. Do not carry and large baggage/suitcases.
The live guide inside the ruins will be replaced with an audio guide if the group is less than 6 people.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly.
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID to your guide.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification.
- This ticket includes pick-ups and drop-offs from Naples.
- Please check your final voucher for pick-up point details and specific instructions.
- Please arrive at the pick-up point 10-15 minutes prior to the scheduled time to avoid delays.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.