Private Bucharest City Tour with Palace of the Parliament and Village Museum
Enjoy a guided tour that is specially designed to cover Bucharest's top sights: the Old Town, Palace of the Parliament, Village Museum, and the main squares.
- See Bucharest from a local's perspective on a private, full-day tour of the city's highlights.
- Explore the bohemian-chic quarters of the Old Town to the Stalinist-inspired Palace of Parliament.
- Learn about the history of Revolution Square, and get a sense of Romanian country life at the Village Museum.
- Discover the city’s multilayered history and enjoy the personalized attention of a local guide.
- Transportation with a modern vehicle
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Entrance fees for the Palace of the Parliament standard tour and the Village Museum
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Lunch (approx 13 euro)
- Entrance fees to monuments/sights other than those mentioned in the itinerary
- Photography fees
These tickets can't be cancelled or rescheduled.
Dynamic, energetic, and super-fun, Bucharest is simply a delight to explore. On this tour of Romania's capital, you'll get to see the city's top attractions, from the Palace of Parliament to the Village Museum, mixed with glimpses of Orthodox churches and graceful villas tucked away in quiet corners.
Your tour begins with a hotel pick-up, followed by a guided walk through University Square and Piata Unirii (Unirii Square), icons of Bucharest's recent history. Then, visit the Palace of Parliament, the largest building in Europe, currently hosting the Romanian Parliament. At 12 stories tall and eight underground levels, the building is massive, to say the least; it also holds the Guinness World Record for the heaviest building in the world. Continue onwards to the 3-km-long stretch of Calea Victoriei, one of Bucharest's oldest streets. Dating back to 1878, the street gained its name after the Romanian War of Independence victory and offers a glimpse of pre-communist Bucharest. Nearby, see some of the most remarkable landmarks, such as Piata Presei Libere and Piata Victoriei (Victory Square).
At Piata Revolutiei (Revolution Square), find out how democracy won over socialism, and where Nicolae Ceausescu spent his lasts moments. Located a stone's throw away is the National Museum of Art, a monumental building with a royal past. In the surroundings, see the impressive Romanian Athenaeum, home to the George Enescu Philharmonic Orchestra. At one of the busiest intersections in the city, you'll get to see Bucharest's Arch of Triumph, built between 1922 and 1936, to commemorate Romania's participation in WWI.
The Old Town
Brimming with life and history, Bucharest's Old Town is peppered with historical sites, beautiful époque designs, and cafes, restaurants, and street food stalls. On your sightseeing journey, you'll pass by attractions such as the CEC Palace and Stavropoleos Monastery here.
The last leg of your tour ends at Village Museum (Muzeul National al Satului Dimitrie Gusti), which is located in the heart of the city. Dating back to 1936, this is one of the first open-air ethnographic museums in the world. As you step in, you'll get to see what traditional Romanian life looked like through a reconstructed village. See a church, a windmill, folk art forms, and more as you stroll around the premises. There are over 60,000 objects in the collection at this museum!
The visit to the Village Museum will conclude your day in Bucharest. You will then be dropped off at your hotel in Bucharest.
know before you go
know before you go
- Please bring your passport with you, as it is required when visiting the Palace of the Parliament.
- This is a walking tour and driving tour mixed. If any attraction cannot be visited for reasons beyond our control, the attraction will be replaced on-site.
- Maximum number of people on the tour: 15.
- CEC Palace and Stavropoleos Monastery will only be presented during the walking tour, with no internal access.
Daily from 10am to 6pm.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Please display your mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID at the time of pick-up.
- This ticket includes hotel pickups and drop-offs.
- While booking, please provide the name of your hotel.
- If your hotel is not in the pickup zone, you will be provided with the nearest pickup location.
- On the day of your tour, please arrive at your hotel lobby 10-15 minutes prior to the scheduled pickup time.
- If your hotel does not have a lobby, please wait at the entrance of your hotel.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.