Toledo Half Day Guided Tour from Madrid
Take a half-day guided tour to Spain’s former capital - Toledo! Be privy to its multilayered history and learn of its ‘Three Cultures’ as you follow an intelligent guide on a walking tour around old cobbled streets and stone buildings.
- Delve into the layered history of Toledo on a half-day guided tour from Madrid.
- Journey on a comfortable motorcoach to and from Toledo and enjoy the fleeting panorama on the way.
- A tour of its narrow winding streets will reveal a rich past where three cultures intertwined.
- Witness stunning examples of Gothic architecture like the Cathedral of Santa María de Toledo.
- Enjoy all this and more under the guidance of an expert bilingual or Spanish guide.
- Air-conditioned motor coach
- Official bilingual or Spanish guide
- Entrance to Church of St. Tomé
- Entrance to Synagogue of Santa María la Blanca
- Entrance to Monastery of San Juan de Los Reyes
- Individual radio-guided system
You can cancel these tickets up to 24 hours before the experience begins and get a full refund.
With an impressive history that involved the Romans, the Visigoths, the Arabs, and the Castilians, Toledo begs to be looked at from different angles. Loaded with spectacular architecture influenced by the different cultures that thrived here, the once capital city showcases an extensive monumental and cultural heritage.
You will begin with a stroll about the courtyard cloisters at the San Juan de Los Reyes Monastery, where you will witness a harmonious fusion between Gothic and Mudéjar architecture. After this, your guide will take you to the Synagogue of Santa María la Blanca, famous for being built by Moorish architects in a Christian region for use by Jewish residents. Learn of its fascinating history before proceeding to the Church of St. Tomé. Herein lies the famous El Greco masterpiece - The Burial of the Count of Orgaz. A must-see for artists and art lovers alike, the church’s Mudéjar-style bell tower is an impressive remnant of Arab architecture. Continue on the walking tour until you reach the Toledo Cathedral. One of the most important Gothic structures in Europe, the Cathedral takes center stage in Toledo. You will see this monument from the outside before your tour comes to an end. Enjoy some free time to explore and lose yourself in a maze of Toledo’s twisty lanes before returning to Madrid.
know before you go
know before you go
Mon and Fri at 8:45am.
- Please keep in mind that the excursion includes several visits on foot, comfortable shoes are recommended
- The duration of the tour includes the round trip to the destination
- St Tomé Church visitors are kindly requested to respect the instructions of the Security staff: Photography and filming are not permitted inside the exhibitions
- If you fail to show up at the established check-in time, you may miss the tour
- Please note that the itinerary is subject to change
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly after the purchase
- Please display the same along with a valid photo ID to the guide at the meeting point
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry a valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid student IDs
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays
- The meeting point is Julià Travel Tours & Tickets
- Address: Calle de San Nicolás, 15, 28013 Madrid, Spain
- The office is located in the corner of Plaza Ramales, adjacent to Galeria Eboli, and opposite to Palacio de Domingo Trespalacios
- Other landmarks: Beside Reina Sofia School of Music
- Contact: +34 91 559 96 05
- Bus: 146, 147, 148, 65
- Train: C3, C4
- Metro: M-5, M-R