Skip the Line Tickets to The National Maritime Museum
Discover how the Dutch came to rule the seas, and how Amsterdam came to be one of Europe’s greatest harbors, at the National Maritime Museum. Set sail and experience the seafarer’s life with live exhibits and full-sized replicas of maritime artifacts, giving you a taste of the Dutch Golden Age!
- Explore the maritime history of the Netherlands with priority skip-the-line tickets, and discover how they came to rule the seas
- See the large collection of historical maps and atlases that the museum houses
- Find out how Amsterdam grew from a sleepy little port town to one of Europe’s greatest harbors
- Skip the line tickets to the National Maritime Museum
- Audio guide (English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Dutch)
strict cancellation policy
Cannot be canceled, amended or rescheduled
The Maritime Museum holds one of the world’s largest cartographic collections, with maps and atlases from different periods of history on display. Next, learn about the maritime history of Amsterdam, how its famous canals were conceived and built, and how it came to dominate the global seascape as one of the greatest harbors in the world. Another highlight you should not miss is the Open Courtyard of the Museum, whose roof has a gorgeous lined design reminiscent of old nautical maps and containing over 1200 glass pieces. So set sail at the Maritime Museum and discover a fascinating and vast maritime history that spans many centuries and oceans. Bon voyage!
know before you go
COVID-19 Safety Measures
- Note: All visitors must show their personal coronavirus entry pass in the form of a QR code and a valid form of ID when visiting the museum.
- Please note that due to the coronavirus outbreak, the VR journey is temporarily closed as a precaution. Since the VR glasses are worn on the face, they are susceptible to contamination.
- All visitors older than 13 years will, from Wed, 30 Sep, need to wear a face mask inside the museum. The museum staff reserves the right to reject entrance to visitors without a face mask, It is their own responsibility to bring a face mask.
- Keep a safe distance from other visitors. Stay home if you have symptoms.
- Respect the signs and markers throughout the museum.
- Disinfection gel is available to visitors at various locations in the museum.
- The museum is wheelchair accessible. If you need help with mobility and bring an assistant during your visit, their admission is free.
- If your phone has run out of battery, head to the north-west corner of the Open Pleyn where you can safely charge it for €1.
- Food and drinks are not allowed inside the exhibition, but you are welcome to eat in the open courtyard, the jetty, and pontoon.
- You can take pictures inside the museum. However, flash photography, artificial lighting, and tripods are not permitted.
- For toddlers, you can loan a baby buggy from the museum.
- Mon-Sun from 10:30am to 4pm
- This attraction is closed on 27 Apr (King's Day), 25 Dec & 1 Jan
Infants aged 3 and below can go for free. Children aged 4-17 and students enjoy reduced ticket pricing (carry a valid photo ID).
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly
- Please display your mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID at the ticket redemption point
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid student IDs.
Ticket Redemption Point
- Your ticket redemption point is Het Scheepvaartmuseum (The National Maritime Museum) (Kattenburgerplein 1, 1018 KK Amsterdam, Netherlands)
- To locate the ticket redemption point on Google Maps, simply search for - The National Maritime Museum
Get Directions to the Ticket Redemption Point
- The museum is around 20 minutes from Central Station by foot.
- Follow Prins Hendrikkade east and you’ll see the docked replica ship ‘Amsterdam’, on your left and Kattenburgerplein 1
- The nearest bus stop is Kattenburgerplein, located 2 minutes away from the museum
- Bus #22 and 246 will get you here
These tickets are valid for the date selected at the time of booking.