Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum: Official Masterpieces Spanish-Guided Tour
Fall into step with an expert guide to explore one of the most important permanent art collections in the world.
- Experience a tailor-made visit that highlights Western masterpieces going all the way back to the Middle Ages.
- Dig deep into the knowledge of your guide and discover the anecdotes and secrets behind some of the most iconic works of art in history.
- Get a glimpse into the life and works of some of the greatest masters like Picasso, Van Gogh, and Dali.
- See some of the most revered works in the world of art including Christ and the Samaritan Woman, Jesus Among the Doctors, and The Nymph at the Fountain.
- Entry to Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum
- Expert, Spanish-speaking guide
strict cancellation policy
Cannot be canceled, amended, or rescheduled.
why visit thyssen-bornemisza museum
Located on one of the city's main boulevards, Thyssen makes up the "Golden Triangle of Art" along with Prado and Reina Sofia national galleries. One of the most important private art collections in the world, the museum hosts nearly 1000 paintings right from the 13th century to the 20th. Van Gogh, Picasso, Dali, Titian, Caravaggio, Rubens, and Rembrandt are only a few of the great art masters whose works have found a home here.
What to Expect On Your Guided Tour
On every Saturday, Sunday, and bank holiday, you have the opportunity to do more than admire the fine brushstrokes on the paintings. An expert guide will keep you company, making you privy to all the secrets, curiosities, and anecdotes behind the most iconic works you see. Delve into the life and works of the venerated artists, learn about their motivations and influences, and understand why they are unanimously considered to be classical art icons.
Masterpieces to Keep an Eye Out For
- Saint Catherine of Alexandria by Caravaggio (Michelangelo Merisi)
- Venus and Cupid by Peter Paul Rubens
- Les Vessenots in Auvers by Vincent van Gogh
- Christ and the Samaritan Woman by Duccio di Buoninsegna
- The Nymph at the Fountain by Lucas Cranach the Elder
- Dream Caused by the Flight of a Bee around a Pomegranate a Second before Waking by Salvador Dalí
know before you go
The use of face masks is mandatory for everyone except those who are medically exempt. Those exempt are asked to collect a label at the museum's Information Desk, which is to be worn throughout the visit.
Every Sat, Sun, and bank holidays at 12pm.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the attraction.
- Please arrive at the attraction 15 minutes before the scheduled time of your visit to avoid any delays.
Ticket Redemption Point
- Show your ticket at Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum.
- Address: P.º del Prado, 8, 28014 Madrid, Spain.
- The closest bus stop is Neptuno. It is a quick 1-minute walk to the attraction.
- Board buses 001, 10, 14, 27, 34 to get you there.
- The closest train station is Banco de España. It is a quick 6-minute walk to the attraction.
- Board trains 2 to get you there.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.