Ostia Antica Tickets
Get a peek through history at Ostia Antica, once a harbor city of ancient Rome.
- Get away from the crowds in Rome and explore the ancient port of Ostia at your own pace.
- Admire the well-preserved ancient buildings, superb frescoes, and impressive mosaics.
- You'll also find shops, public baths, and a large theatre, which is still used during the summer.
- Entrance to the Archaeological Park of Ostia Antica
- Price: €12
- Booking fee: €2
strict cancellation policy
This experience cannot be canceled, amended, or rescheduled.
Located merely 30km away from Rome, Ostia Antica is a massive, 100-hectare archaeological park that was once a harbor city. During ancient Rome, the city grew significantly. Ostia earned its name ('os' translates to 'mouth' in Latin) thanks to its proximity to the river Tiber. When the harbor started silting up during the 2nd century CE, the city was abandoned and eventually fell into neglect.
With your ticket to the archaeological park, you get to explore the many excavations of this well-preserved city. These include a theatre, several houses, baths, and temples, as well as countless mosaics and frescoes. In case you start wondering where the sea is during your visit, remember that because of the changing coastlines, it is now a few kilometers away.
know before you go
- The Ostiense Museum is closed.
- The path inside the archaeological area can appear bumpy. Comfortable clothes and shoes are therefore recommended.
- Entry is allowed for small dogs, kept on a leash for the entire duration of the visit inside the archaeological area.
- The use of drones of any kind is prohibited.
- Your temperature may be measured before you enter the excavations.
- Wearing a mask is mandatory to access the archaeological area of Ostia Antica.
- We recommend carrying a water bottle, sunglasses, sunscreen, and a sun hat.
- Open from Tue to Sun
- Closed on Mon, Jan 1, May 1, and Dec 25
- Oct 25 to Feb 28 or 29 - 8:30am to 4:30pm (last entrance at 3:30pm)
- Mar 1 to Mar 31 - 8:30am to 5:15pm (last entrance at 4:15pm)
- Apr 1 to Sep 30 - 8:30am to 7pm (last entrance at 6pm)
- Oct 1 to Oct 24 - 8:30am to 6:30pm (last entrance at 5:30pm)
- The ticket desk closes one hour before the park closing time.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly.
- Display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the attraction.
- Please arrive at the redemption point 15 minutes before the scheduled time of your tour to avoid any delays.
Ticket Redemption Point
- Show your ticket at Ostria Antica.
- Address: Viale dei Romagnoli, 717, 00119 Roma RM, Italy.
- From Porta San Paolo: Metro B - Piramide, Metro B - San Paolo or Metro B - Eur Magliana.
- Train Roma-Lido railway: to the Ostia Antica stop; cross the pedestrian bridge and follow the signs.
This ticket is valid for the date selected during checkout.