Phillip Island: Penguin Parade Afternoon Wildlife Tour
Explore the rugged Victorian coast and spend your afternoon in the company of Australia's most iconic wildlife on this guided day tour of Phillip Island from Melbourne. Visit three of Victoria's most popular wildlife attractions on this tour - Moonlit Sanctuary, Seal Rocks & the Nobbies boardwalk and the legendary Penguin Parade.
- Enjoy a guided day tour from Melbourne to three of the greatest wildlife attractions in Victoria.
- Encounter some of Australia’s most iconic wildlife including kangaroos, koalas, tasmanian devils, wombats and more at Moonlit Sanctuary.
- Head to Phillip Island and enjoy the stunning scenery of the island's rugged south coast from the Nobbies Boardwalk.
- Take a seat at the Penguin Parade and see hundreds of Little Penguins make their way across the beach as they return to their burrows.
- Early afternoon pick-ups allow you to enjoy a hassle-free start to the day without rushing through your mornings.
- Travel in a comfortable coach with your expert and informative guide as you are lead to all the attractions on the day's itinerary.
- Entry to Moonlit Sanctuary
- Phillip Island tour - Nobbies Center Boardwalk and Seal Rocks
- Entry to Phillip Island Penguin Parade
- Transfers to and from Melbourne
- Free Wi-Fi on board the coach
- Expert and informative guide
- Food & drinks
- Animal feeding at Moonlit Sanctuary
flexible cancellation policy
You may cancel this tour up to 48 hours in advance for a 50% refund.
This epic adventure to Phillip Island will introduce you to some of Australia's most iconic wildlife as you spend your day in the company of penguins, kangaroos, koalas and more. Your day tour will begin in Melbourne when you will be picked up mid-day. The late pick-up allows you to spend your morning as you like - no more waking up at ungodly hours to prepare for a long day out. Once you board the coach, the group will head to Moonlit Sanctuary Wildlife Conservation Park on the Mornington Peninsula, before heading to Phillip Island for the Penguin Parade.
The Moonlit Sanctuary is a 25-acre biopark on the Mornington Peninsula, an hour's drive from the center of Melbourne. This sanctuary is home to iconic Australian animals, especially the endangered ones. You can see kangaroos, koalas, tasmanian devils, emus, wombats, dingoes and more. For an additional fee, you can also hand feed wallabies and kangaroos at the park. Then, you are off to Phillip Island.
Your first destination on Phillip Island will be the Nobbies Center. As you walk along the boardwalk, you will enjoy stunning coastal views of south Phillip Island and the Mornington Peninsula across the bay. If you're lucky, you will see Little Penguins hiding under the boardwalk or peeking their heads out from the burrows as they wait for their mates to return for the night. You will also be able to see Seal Rocks and a horde of Australian Fur Seals that call the rocky outcrop home.
The highlight of the tour, the Penguin Parade takes place once the sun begins to set and nighttime arrives. Make your way to the Penguin Parade Stadium, a purpose-built attraction with arena-like seating that allows you to comfortably watch the penguins without disturbing them. Take your seat and watch the amazing penguin parade unfold in front of you - hundreds upon hundreds of Little Penguins returning to their burrows in the sand. Watch the penguins reunite with their mates as they share kisses, make little dance moves and head to their burrows for the night - a sight that is barely visible anywhere else in the world.
The day-tour comes to an end as you are driven back to Melbourne by 9:45 PM-12 AM (seasonal).
know before you go
The tour takes place daily. The pick-up timings are as follows:
April - September - 12:30 - 12:45 PM
October - March - 1:30 - 1:45 PM
Returns between 9:00 PM - midnight seasonally.
Duration: 10 hours approx.
There are multiple meeting points spread throughout Melbourne where you can board your coach. You can find a list of all eligible stops (including hotels) during checkout.
No photography is allowed during the Penguin Parade.
Your tickets will be emailed to you shortly. Please display the ticket to your tour guide along with a valid photo ID during pick-up.