Catch this extremely limited world premiere of Mike Bartlett’s new show at London's Lyric Hammersmith.
strict cancellation policy
This ticket cannot be canceled or refunded.
why watch scandaltowm
Scandaltown is an intriguing new play by the award-winning playwright Mike Bartlett. The heroine of our story is Miss Phoebe Virtue, a noble woman who receives some troubling news on Instagram. Her twin brother Jack may be endangering his reputation in London, and she must visit for herself and investigate. Set in our contemporary post-pandemic capital, the troubled comedy for troubled times is full of illicit sex, political hypocrisy, and machinations of the fame-craving elite.
While the casting for Scandaltown is yet to be announced, the limited world premiere run is directed by Lyric Hammersmith’s Artistic Director Rachel O’Riordan. Book your tickets now to secure your seat for this troublesome comedy.
Play Enthusiasts | Troublesome Comedy Lovers | Mike Bartlett Fans
know before you go
COVID Safety Information
- Face coverings must be worn inside the theatre at all times during your visit, including during performances, excluding when eating and drinking.
- If you are exempt, you are encouraged to bring something to identify this (for example, a Sunflower lanyard or badge). If needed, the Box Office can provide a yellow lanyard which will need to be returned upon departure.
Duration: To Be Confirmed
Audience: To Be Confirmed
No. of Shows a Week: ~8
Opening Date: 4 Apr 2022
Closing Date: 14 May 2022
Theatre Name: Lyric Hammersmith
Theatre Facilities: Accessible toilets, Accessible performances, In-house bar and café
Dress Code: Smart casual
Cast and Creatives
Casting for Scandaltown is yet to be announced.
- Keep in mind, the theater is air-conditioned throughout the year and can get a bit chilly. Bring along a light jacket if needed.
- There will be an Open-captioned performance on Sat 23 Apr at 2:30pm. There will be an Audio-described performance on Sat 23 Apr 7:30pm.
- The ticket can be presented digitally at the entrance on the day of your visit.
- Please note most of the theatres do not allow entry post the show start time and we recommend you to reach the venue 10-15 minutes early.