Monastery of Jerónimos
Visit one of Lisbon’s most significant landmarks – the Royal Monastery of Santa Maria de Belém or, as it's more commonly known, the Jerónimos Monastery.
- The unmissable Jerónimos Monastery is a huge part of Lisbon’s history and culture.
- With skip-the-line access, discover this masterpiece of Portuguese architecture with its detailed structural cloisters, corridors, vaulted ceilings, and decorative entrance.
- As this monastery was built as a tribute to Vasco da Gama’s successful journey to India (and to sea explorers), you’ll spot different maritime influences and creatures in the architecture.
- Take a stroll through the garden and admire the fountain, decorated with coats of arms.
- Skip-the-line admission to the Monastery of Jerónimos
- Live guide
- Audio guide
These tickets can't be cancelled or rescheduled.
A Portuguese national monument since 1907 and a UNESCO World Heritage site since 1983, the Jerónimos Monastery is one of the highest symbols of medieval Portuguese architecture. Historically and artistically connected to the Belém Tower, both these notable landmarks of Lisbon were built on the initiative of King Manuel I, who ruled between 1495 and 1521. In fact, the Belém Tower was built not only to protect the port of Lisbon but also for the Jerónimos Monastery.
Soak up the different elements that make up this stunning model of Manueline architectural style including Gothic, Moorish, and Renaissance styles. The two levels of cloisters are so intricate and filled with structural detail that they took a hundred years to be completed! Spot mythical creatures like gargoyles and marine animals within the carvings, columns, and arches. Don’t miss the vaulted ceilings on the lower level of the monastery or the views from the higher level of the adjacent Church of Santa Maria de Belem.
know before you go
- There is medium accessibility for guests with reduced mobility.
- The lower level has wheelchair access though some sections are cobblestoned.
May to Sept
- Daily except for Mondays: 10 am - 6:30 pm, last entry is at 5:45 pm.
Oct to Apr
Daily except for Mondays: 10am - 5.30 pm, the last entry is at 4:45pm.
Closed 1 Jan, Easter Sunday, 1 May, and 25 Dec.
- It’s also closed periodically for State Protocol ceremonies.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly.
- Display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the attraction.
Ticket Redemption Point
- Show your ticket at Jerónimos Monastery
- Address: Av. Brasília, 1400-038 Lisboa, Portugal.
- The closest bus stop is Mosteiro Dos Jerónimos. It is a quick 10-minute walk to the attraction.
- Board buses 201,727,728,729, and 751 to get you there.
- The closest bus stop is Centro Cultural Belém. It is a quick 10-minute walk to the attraction.
- Board Tram 15E to get you there.
This ticket is valid for the date selected during checkout.