Explore Munich’s past and present as you time travel through historic scenes on this complete VR tour of the city.
- Wearing mobile VR glasses, dive into Munich’s rich history right from the founding of the city to the Middles Ages and even the WWII period.
- A charming host will see that you have the most immersive experience possible.
- Be a 21st-century witness to the most vibrant and 360-degree reconstructed scenes.
- The highlight of this virtual reality tour is a flight adventure in the clouds on King Ludwig II’s peacock vehicle, marveling at Munich down below.
- 45-min VR time travel admission ticket
- TimeRide English or German-speaking host
You can cancel these tickets up to 24 hours before the experience begins and get a full refund.
Get ready to time travel as you embark on a virtual reality city tour of historic Munich. Wearing mobile VR glasses, feast your eyes on important scenes from Bavarian history and how the city has changed over the years to its current landscape. Immerse yourself in the most significant moments of Bavaria’s 7000-year-old history.
What Will You See?
Be modern witnesses to a number of scenes that have been brought to life through intricately designed 360-degree reconstructions. Attend a knights tournament at the Marienplatz, held in honor of the Prince's wedding, in 1568, and gaze in wonder at Ludwig II's winter garden on the roof of the Residenz. Stand at the old city wall, with the Tilburg Gate in view, and take in the carnage and destruction of a destroyed Munich in 1945 with a view of the Old Town Hall.
The pièce de résistance of this entire experience is a flight adventure in the fantastic peacock carriage. An invention by Kind Ludwig II, marvel at Munich from above as you glide over buildings and the expansive cityscape.
know before you go
know before you go
- At the entrance, there might be a queue so factor this into any waiting time.
- Flash photography is not allowed.
- This experience is unsuitable for children under the age of 6, people who wear glasses, and people with mobility impairments.
- Mon to Fri: 10am to 5pm
- Sat & Sun: 10am to 4pm
- At the next stage of booking, please select a timeslot.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the redemption point.
- Please arrive at the redemption point 15 minutes before the scheduled time of your visit to avoid any delays.
Ticket Redemption Point
- Show your ticket at the TimeRide counter.
- Address: Tal 21, 80331 München, Germany.
Get Directions to the Redemption Point
- The closest bus stop is Tal. It is a quick 1-minute walk to the redemption point.
- Board bus 132 to get you there.
- The closest train station is Marienplatz. It is a quick 4-minute walk to the redemption point.
- Board trains S1, S2, S3, S4, S6, S7 or S8 to get you there.