Housesteads Roman Fort Entry Ticket
Travel back to the Roman Empire era as you visit Housesteads Roman Fort, a significant fort on Hadrian's Wall World Heritage Site!
- Visit a historic landmark of the Hadrian's Wall, Housesteads Roman Fort.
- Learn all about the lives of 800 self-sufficient soldiers that once lived here.
- Walk past barracks block, hospitals, granaries, and communal toilets.
- Visit the mini-cinema for a journey through time and further insight on Roman buildings.
- Gasp at excavated finds, including altars, stones, jewelry, tools, and weapons.
- Walk along the Housesteads Trail and discover the Northumberland National Park.
- Admission into Housesteads Roman Fort
- Guided tour
- Hotel transfers
You can cancel these tickets up to 24 hours before the experience begins and get a full refund.
Set on a steep slope and surrounded by dramatic stretches of Hadrian's Wall, a visit to the historic Housesteads Roman Fort is more than just a basic history lesson. Uncover the lives of self-sufficient soldiers that once lived here. Imagine what life was like for the 800 soldiers that lived here during the Roman Period. Visit the barracks block, hospitals, granaries, and communal toilets.
Head into the museum and visit the mini-cinema. A film will breathe life into the original Roman buildings. Discover fascinating collections of Roman altars, dedication stones, jewelry, tools, and weapons, all excavated from the fort. The winged statue, Victory, will be hard to miss - it is a classical sculpture found in the landscape. Finally, stroll along the Housesteads Trail that covers tranquil parts of the Northumberland National Park.
know before you go
know before you go
COVID Safety Information
- Face coverings are now legally required in all our indoor public places, including our visitor centers, shops, on all on-site transport, and in our cafes except when you are eating or drinking (unless exempt).
- We’ll be carrying out extra cleaning, using screens and wearing face coverings, and making hand sanitiser available for everyone to use.
- You don’t need to have a COVID Pass to visit, but please don’t visit if you have symptoms of Covid-19, have tested positive, or if you’ve been asked to self-isolate.
- We’ll always follow the latest government guidance, and if anything changes we’ll update this page to let you know our plans.
27 Mar to 31 Oct
- Daily: 10am - 5pm (last admission at 4pm)
1 Nov to 31 Mar
- Daily: 10am - 4pm (last admission at 3pm)
- Closed on 24 & 25 Dec
- Infants aged 4 and under go free. Children aged 5-17, students with valid NUS cards, senior citizens aged 65 and up, and families enjoy reduced ticket pricing (carry valid photo IDs)
- One ticket valid for the entry of 2 adults and up to 3 children.
- One ticket valid for the entry of 1 adult and up to 3 children.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly.
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the attraction.
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your experience to avoid delays.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification.
Ticket Redemption Point
- You can redeem the tickets at the main entrance of the attraction: Housesteads Roman Fort - Hadrian's Wall.
- Address: Near, Hexham NE47 6NN, United Kingdom.
- The closest bus stop is Visitor Centre, which is right in front of the attraction.
- Bus AD122 will bring you here.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.