Guided Walking Tour of Lisbon
Discover the scenic streets of Lisbon on a 3-hour guided walk; learn of its history, architecture, and gastronomy. Enjoy wine-tasting and try out some delicious Portuguese dishes along with this experience.
- Enjoy the insider’s view of Lisbon on this 3-hour guided walking tour with a local English-speaking guide.
- Learn about the lifestyle, history, culture, and unique alleys of Portugal’s capital city with a small group.
- Pass through important neighborhoods; find vintage cafés, theaters and bookstores at Chiado and a maze of small squares and narrow alleyways at the Moorish Alfama.
- Taste some incredible chouriço (cured sausages) and pastel de nata (custard tart), and relish the locally-famous wine.
- Follow a carefully planned route from Rossio Square to Comércio Square.
- Local English-speaking guide
- 3-hour walking tour
- Pastel de Nata (custard tart)
- One tapas and wine-tasting
- Guided tour of monuments
- Cable car & tram ticket
You can cancel these tickets up to 24 hours before the experience begins and get a full refund.
Start at the Heart
You will join your guide and group at Rossio Square, the heart of Lisbon. Get introduced to how the city of Lisbon was destroyed in the 18th century and then totally rebuilt to become what it is today. Take a look at the Obelisk on the Restauradores Square that commemorates the Restoration of Portugal’s independence from 60 years of Spanish rule in 1640. Marvel at the intricate Neo-Manueline architecture of the Rossio Central Station.
Historic Squares and Charming Neighborhoods
Then, learn about the Carnation Revolution of 1974 as you visit the iconic Carmo Square - the place where Portugal’s old dictatorial regime fell after 48 years. Walk through the elegant Chiado neighborhood and admire its old cafés, theaters, and bookstores. At this point, you will rest your legs and try a typical Portuguese pastry – the famous Pastel de Nata. Learn the history of its national popularity.
Next, you will wander through a labyrinth of squares and alleyways in the quaint Moorish Alfama neighborhood. As you go past the Fado Museum, learn about Portugal’s indigenous music genre. Explore Alfama’s hidden, intimate Fado restaurants. Stop for a glass of wine and a chouriço and cheese tasting at a typical wine bar. Pass by Lisbon’s Cathedral, the city’s oldest church built in 1147, before reaching the end of your tour. Finish your walk in Praça do Comércio, the city’s former entrance hall and one of Europe’s largest, most beautiful squares.
know before you go
know before you go
- This tour can accommodate a maximum of 14 in 1 group.
- Baixa (downtown)
- Rossio Square
- Figueira Square
- Central Train Station
- Carmo Square
- Iron lift of Santa Justa
- Castle Hill
- Sé Cathedral
- Comércio Square
- Mon to Sun: 10am onward
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the meeting point.
- Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes before the scheduled time of your visit to avoid any delays.
- Meet your guide at the center of Dom Pedro IV Square, by the statue.
- Address: Praça Dom Pedro IV, Rossio, 1100-193, Lisbon.
- Your guide will have a blue shoulder bag with a Inside Lisbon logo.
- The closest bus stop is Rossio. It is a quick 2-minute walk to the meeting point.
- Board buses 207, 732, 736 and 746 to get you there.
- The closest Metro station is Rossio. It is a quick 1-minute walk to the meeting point.
- Board Metro VD to get you there.