Small Group Wine Tour in Arrábida from Lisbon
Spend a lovely day sipping on fine wine at two different wineries and enjoy breathtaking views of the Atlantic Ocean from Arrábida Natural Park!
- Enjoy a small group day tour to Arrábida aboard a comfortable minivan along with an expert local guide.
- Cross the two bridges over Lisbon's mother river, Tejo - the Vasco da Gama & the 25th of April.
- Climb the high vantage point of Castelo de Palmela for spectacular views & amazing photo opportunities.
- Visit two different wineries and relish some delicious wine.
- Take in breathtaking views of the Atlantic Ocean from 1,640 ft above sea level at Arrábida Natural Park.
- Savour a gourmet lunch at the picturesque fishing village of Sesimbra as you chill on the beach or saunter in the sand.
- Make a quick stop at Santuário de Cristo Rei and get a bird’s eye view of the capital city.
- Small Group Guided Tour (max 8 people)
- Visit to two wineries including 6 different wine tastings
- Local English, Spanish, French & Portuguese Speaking Tour Guide
- Air-Conditioned Minivan Transport
- Entry fee & guided tour for monuments
- Hotel transfers
You can cancel these tickets up to 24 hours before the experience begins and get a full refund.
You begin your excursion from Lisbon in a comfortable minibus. You’ll ride across the Ponte Vasco da Gama that spans the Tagus River, the longest river in the Iberian Peninsula. Your first stop will be the Castle of Palmela at the eastern edge of Serra de Arrábida. Here you can ascend to the top of the castle tower and admire the stunning panoramic view of the region amidst the cool breeze.
You’ll then drive through the Arrábida wine region, past vineyards, cork and olive trees. Get ready to taste some good wine as you visit a beautiful local family-owned vineyard in the heart of Arrábida park. Here you will relish 4 different types of wine, so have your glasses at the ready! You then go on a beautiful scenic drive to Arrábida Natural Park where you will be enchanted with the incredible view of the Atlantic Ocean and the Portinho da Arrábida beach from a height of 500m. Feel at the top of the world and take gorgeous pictures against the big blue ocean & green hills.
Beaches & Wine
You’ll then halt for a lunch break at the lovely fishing village of Sesimbra, lying at the foothills of the Serra da Arrábida and a turquoise bay. You can stroll along the beach and simply relax before you’re on the move for fun. You will indulge in two exquisite wine tastings (Moscatel and Red wine), on a guided tour of one of the oldest and most well-known wine cellars in the village of Azeitão, still belonging to the same family that started it all in the early 1800s. Your last stop will be at Cristo Rei, one of the most iconic monuments in Lisbon. The grand statue of Christ stands high above the southern banks of the Tejo Estuary and you can even climb it for a beautiful view of the city.
Vasco da Gama Bridge | Palmela Castle | Quinta do Alcube (vineyard) | Arrábida Natural Park | Sesimbra (lunch stop) | Azeitão José Maria da Fonseca (vineyard) | Cristo Rei Statue | 25th of April Bridge
know before you go
know before you go
- Outside food & drinks are allowed on this tour.
- Please wear comfortable shoes, the tour involves a moderate amount of walking.
- The maximum group size for this tour is 8 people.
- The minimum age for wine tasting is 18 years.
- Mon to Fri: 9am onwards
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the meeting point.
- Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes before the scheduled time of your visit to avoid any delays.
- Meet your guide in front of Hard Rock Cafe.
- Address: Avenida da Liberdade, 2 1250-144 Lisbon.
- Wait for our guide to call your name.
- The closest bus stop is Restauradores. It is a quick 1-minute walk to the meeting point.
- Board buses 732, 736, 746 to get you there.
- The closest Metro station is Estação Restauradores. It is a quick 3-minute walk to the meeting point.
- Board metro Az to get you there.