Authentic Penang Local Market and Cooking Class
Reward your taste buds with an unforgettable culinary experience at the outstanding Tropical Spice Garden in a cooking class after your tour in an authentic local market.
- Saunter around Teluk Bahang, a fishing village, and shop at the local market for fresh produce.
- Cherish the spice terraces and lush tropical ecosystem of the Tropical Spice Garden.
- Learn all the essentials of Malaysian cuisine from an experienced chef.
- Get hands-on cooking experience by preparing an authentic Malaysian delicacy.
- Cooking activity equipment
- Shared transfers (Round Trip)
Vous pouvez annuler ces billets jusqu’à 168 heures avant le début de l’expérience et bénéficiez d’un remboursement complet.
Penang is considered to be the culinary capital of Malaysia, and rightly so. The island’s Peranakan cuisine is the perfect combination of various cultures and easily delivers a tantalizing explosion of flavours. Visitors are invited to dive into its amazing food culture with a thrilling firsthand cooking experience.
The tour starts by visiting the local market at Teluk Bahang (only 5 kilometres away from Batu Ferringhi), from where you can fetch a few fresh ingredients. After which, you will be driven to the nearby Tropical Spice Garden. The enchanting botanical paradise is spread over five acres and is covered in thick vegetation along with animals like turtles, monkeys, tree frogs etc. Famously known as Asia’s Hidden Eden, it houses more than 500 species of exotic plants, tropical herbs, and spices.
The garden conducts indoor cooking classes, which will introduce you to particular ingredients that are the staple of Malaysian, Indian, and Chinese cuisine. With enough guidance from a professional chef, you will learn to cook your favourite dish like a local Penangite and also reproduce the same back at home with great success. At the end of the class, all members come together in an outdoor setting and relish the hand-cooked delicacies while enjoying sweeping views of the Andaman sea.
know before you go
know before you go
- This tour takes place in English.
- It is recommended to wear comfortable walking shoes as the trip involves a lot of walking.
- Hotel pickup (7am to 8am)
- Teluk Bahang Fishing Village
- Tropical Spice Garden
- Cooking Class
- End of tour and hotel drop-off (1pm to 2pm)
- Daily: 8:30am
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly/shortly.
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID during the pick-up.
- This ticket includes hotel pickups and drop-offs.
- In the next step of booking, please specify the name and address of your hotel.
- On the day of your tour, please report at your hotel lobby 10-15 min prior to your scheduled departure.
- If your hotel does not have a lobby, please wait at the entrance of the hotel.
- Your Headout host will be waiting for you here.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.