Get a Taste of Athens Food Tour
Enjoy the ultimate Greek-cuisine discovery experience on this guided tour, sampling delicious dishes and regional specialties as you go.
- Eat your way through some of Athen's best-hidden street corners.
- You'll be led by an expert tour guide, who will share details about the cuisine.
- Kickstart your morning with a cup of Greek coffee and a delicious morning snack.
- Explore and sample the flavors of Greece through a workshop.
- Walk past food stalls, coffee shops, open-air markets, and tavernas.
- Mingle with the locals, buy yourself top-notch ingredients, and sample delicious local favorites.
- Breathe in the strong aroma of herbs on Spice Street.
- Sample tapas (mezes), drink wine or ouzo and enjoy this super authentic Greek experience.
- This guided tour is available in English, Spanish & Greek as private or shared tours.
- Expert tour guide
- Walking tour Monastiraki, Plaka and Psyrri
- Visit authentic cafes, restaurants & food markets
- Lots of delicious Greek food
- Olive oil, yogurt & honey tasting
- Lunch in a local taverna
- Hotel transfers
- Additional food/drink
You can cancel these tickets up to 24 hours before the experience begins and get a full refund.
Travel back in time at one of Athens' oldest coffee shops: sip on a cup of delicious Greek coffee and feel enlivened- just the kick you need to begin this sprightly tour. A healthy breakfast snack with a special twist is next in line (it's a surprise, but fear not, you'll definitely love it). Explore the exciting flavors of Greece as you walk through a workshop. Learn more about the delicious products in this year-round food oasis. Food stalls, coffee shops, open-air markets, and well-hidden tavernas are peppered along the way: let your senses guide you. Mingle with the locals, smell and touch the best quality ingredients of the city, and keep your eyes wide open for surprises along the way,
Stroll through Spice street, where the strong aroma of herbs hovers about in the air. You'll find some excellent tavernas here as well as the old-time nostalgia surrounds you. Taste local favorites like tapas (mezes), drink wine or ouzo, and then some- it's about as authentically Greek as it gets!
know before you go
know before you go
COVID Safety Information
- All areas that customers frequently touch are sanitized.
- Guests may/may not be subject to temperature checks beforehand.
- All guests are recommended to bring along face masks for safety.
- It is recommended to maintain social distancing with other guests (2 meters apart).
- Regularly sanitize your hands. Sanitizers are available upon request.
This ticket has the following variants that you can choose from:
- English-Guided Shared Group Tour
- Greek-Guided Shared Group Tour
- Spanish-Guided Shared Group Tour
- English-Guided Private Group Tour
- Greek-Guided Private Group Tour
- Spanish-Guided Private Group Tour
- Recommended: Comfortable shoes, hat, and sunscreen in summers.
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
- 50 min at Monastiraki area
- 30 min at Varvakios Central Municipal Market
- 20 min at Local deli shop
- 50 min at Greek taverna (lunch)
- 90 min at Psirri area
Koulouri, Cheese pie, Loukoumades, Greek yogurt, Honey, Olive oil tasting, Organic Vinegar, Olives, Lunch, Coffee and/or Tea, Alcoholic Beverages
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID to your guide.
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid delays.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification.
- Meet your guide at Monastiraki station exit (Monastiraki square).
- Address: Pandrossou 66, Athina 105 55.
- There is a travel agency at this address. Right in front of it, there is the metro station exit with the metro sign label
- Your guide will wait for you over there.
- The closest transit stop is Monastiraki, whose exit is the meeting point.
- Subway service M1 will bring you here.
- Trams T3, T4 & T5 will bring you here.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.