Athens Food Tasting Workshop And Market Tour
Learn about the basic ingredients that flavor the Greek cuisine, sample delicious snacks, and wander through Athens' food market on this guided tour.
- Sample some of the best-loved Greek food and snacks on this tour.
- Learn interesting facts about the ingredients that make up most of the Greek food.
- Find out how olive oil, yogurt, and honey trace back to Greek history and mythology.
- Your expert guide will navigate your way from the workshop to the local market.
- Sample tyropita, loukoumades, Greek yogurt with honey, and more.
- Explore the Central Athens Food Market, a major part of Athens' gastronomical scene.
- This guided tour is available in English, Spanish & Greek as private or shared tours.
- Expert tour guide
- Greek snacks & ingredients
- Tasting workshop
- Visit Greece's largest food market
- Hotel transfers
- Additional food/drink
These tickets can't be cancelled or rescheduled.
If you have limited time in Athens and want to sample some of the most beloved Greek food and snacks, this tour is the perfect option.
Your tour begins with a food tasting workshop. Try the basics of Greek cuisine: olive oil, greek yogurt, and honey. Learn how these ingredients go back to the history and mythology of Greece. Learn of olive oil's nutritional value and how to preserve it. Get to know what gives Greek yogurt its healthy benefits, why it's world-famous, and sample it with some local honey (the best way to eat Greek yogurt according to the locals).
Sample tyropita, the famous Greek cheese-filled snack pie, and loukoumades, deep-fried dough balls covered in honey. Considered one of the oldest-recorded desserts, loukoumades trace back to the year 776 BC when they were served to winners as "honey tokens" in the first Olympic Games. Finally, you'll hit the central food market- the place to be. This place plays a major role in Athens' gastronomical scene. Breathe in the strong aroma of flavors, mingle with the locals, and buy yourself ingredients to take home with you.
know before you go
know before you go
COVID Safety Information
- All areas that customers frequently touch are sanitized.
- Guests may/may not be subject to temperature checks beforehand.
- All guests are recommended to bring along face masks for safety.
- It is recommended to maintain social distancing with other guests (2 meters apart).
- Regularly sanitize your hands. Sanitizers are available upon request.
This ticket has the following variants that you can choose from:
- English-Guided Shared Group Tour
- English-Guided Private Group Tour
- Recommended: Comfortable shoes, hat and sunscreen in summers.
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
- 30 min: Tasting workshop
- 60 min: Food market
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID to your guide.
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid delays.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification.
- Meet your guide at Evripidou 28, Athina 105 51, Greece.
- The closest bus stop is Agora, a 1-min walk to the meeting point.
- Buses 25, 26 & 27 will bring you here.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.