Brunelleschi's Dome Climb - Access Ticket
Get access to the Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore in Florence and get access to Brunelleschi’s Dome, the hidden external terraces of the Cathedral, Giotto's Bell Tower, or a combination of the Opera del Duomo Museum and the Baptistery of Saint Giovanni!
- Skip-the-line access allows you to preserve time for worthwhile exploration
- Climb Brunelleschi’s world-famous masonry dome – the largest to ever be built
- Marvel at the stunning frescoes that line the interior of the dome
- Learn about the hushed secrets of the cathedral and its controversial history
- Visit the hidden terrace that most tourists, as well as Florentines, have not seen
- Admire artworks covering over 720 years of history at the Opera del Duomo Museum
- Be awed by the Gates of Paradise at the Baptistery of Saint Giovanni
- Climb up the stairs of Giotto's Bell Tower to enjoy the best views of Florence
- Skip-the-line ticket
strict cancellation policy
The ticket cannot be canceled, amended, or rescheduled
Santa Maria del Fiore, also known as The Duomo is a prominent landmark in Florence. Travel back in time through its hundreds of years of history and learn some interesting facts about the cathedral, a major architectural masterpiece ahead of its time. With this ticket, you can choose to see either Brunelleschi's Dome, the Duomo Terraces, Giotto's Bell Tower or a combination of the museum and the baptistery.
Brunelleschi’s Dome continues to stun and intrigue to this day. The building plan was entered into a contest by Filippo Brunelleschi, an amateur architect with no serious training. After much contemplation, confusion, and controversy, his double-shell design was accepted and finally built. The result was a stunning masterpiece capable of withstanding lightning, earthquakes, and the passage of time. As for the Terraces, you'll have to walk past hallways that have been closed to the public for centuries to get there. Enjoy an exclusive view of all the monuments in Florence, and above all, admire the close presence of Brunelleschi's Dome. The tour will also take you around the Cathedral, and allows you to appreciate even the most hidden wallpapers of the marble decoration.
With the museum and baptistery ticket, you'll get to see over 750 works covering over 720 years of history. From Arnolfo to Donatello, up to Ghiberti and Michelangelo, the greatest Florentine sculptures in the world are here, at the Opera del Duomo Museum, for you to explore. Continue onwards to the Baptistery of San Giovanni, one of the oldest churches in Florence, located right in front of the cathedral. The Baptistery is topped by an eight-segment dome resting on its walls but it is best known for its three sets of bronze doors that come with relief sculptures - Michelangelo dubbed the east doors the Gates of Paradise. If you'd rather see Giotto's Tower, you'll have to bear in mind that you'll have to climb 414 steps to get to the top. It's not for the faint of heart! The view of the city from the top, though, is absolutely worth it. The tower rises up to 85 meters in height and stands right next to the Duomo. The decorations on the outside of the tower are intricately detailed, in the shape of a diamond, with relief carvings and life-sized statues.
know before you go
Please note that the issued ticket will allow you entry only for the variant selected.
- Visitors are required to climb 463 steps for Brunelleschi’s Dome, 414 steps for Giotto's Bell Tower, and 150 steps for Duomo Terraces. No lifts (elevators) are available
- The climb is not recommended for people suffering from heart problems, vertigo, or claustrophobia, and for pregnant women
- Minors not accompanied by an adult are prohibited from entry
- The start time of the visit is denoted by the slot selected at the time of purchase. Punctuality is required to allow all visitors the best experience
- 5 minutes in advance and 5 minutes of delay are allowed, compared to the starting time of the visit
- Mon to Fri from 8:15 AM to 7 PM
Children aged 7 - 14 enjoy reduced prices on their tickets (carry a valid photo ID)
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly after the purchase
- Please display the same on your mobile phone along with a valid photo ID at the time of redemption
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid student IDs
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes prior to the scheduled time in order to avoid any delays
Ticket Redemption Point
Check your mobile voucher for the meeting point details and specific instructions.
The ticket is valid for the date and time selected during the booking