Domaine du Château de Chaumont-sur-Loire: Skip-the-Line Ticket
Spend a day exploring one of the most beautiful châteaus of the Loire Valley. Stroll through its park, and admire its lavishly furnished rooms and contemporary art collections.
- Save time and skip the lines at the beautiful 10th-century Domaine du Château de Chaumont-sur-Loire.
- Explore the lavishly furnished rooms, and the grand spiral staircase, and see the many works of art on display.
- Enjoy stunning views of the Loire Valley from the terraces.
- Stroll through the stables, known for being well-equipped and modern.
- Check out the launch of a new space in the château in March 2022: the artist Davide Qualoya will have a digital show on the 3rd level of the east wing.
- Don't miss the International Garden Festival, which will take place from April 21 and November 6, 2022, with the theme "Ideal Garden."
- This edition's landscapers will create a stunning, calming, organic, and therapeutic garden that you will fall in love with.
- Prepare to be shocked by the 30 garden designers.
- Priority access to the Domaine du Château de Chaumont-sur-Loire
- Priority access to the château
- A pass for the International Garden Festival
- Access to the Goualoup Park
- Entry into the vegetable garden and greenhouse
- Access to the Gardeners Court Gallery
- Entry into the Bee Barn
- Multimedia guides
- Personal expenses
- Night show Les Jardins de Lumières 2021
These tickets can't be cancelled. However, you can use them any time until 6 Nov., 2022.
These tickets are valid until 6 Nov., 2022.
The château in Chaumont-sur-Loire has lived a colorful history. It was burned to the ground by King Louis XI in the 15th century and changed hands from Catherine de Medici to Diane de Poitiers in the 16th century. Unusually for a French castle, the castle managed to escape significant damage during the revolution. Still, it is a place full of surprises, being both a historical monument and an art and nature center.
Both the Château de Chaumont-sur-Loire and the International Garden Festival make up the Domaine de Chaumont-sur-Loire. During your visit, you will get to admire the beautifully furnished rooms, the grand spiral staircase, and several works of art on display. The most impressive feature of the chateau, though, is the stunning view over the Loire from the terraces. Another highlight is the stables. Prince Amédée de Broglie is credited for upgrading it with running water and electric lamps at a time when even the grandest chateau had none.
In March 2022, there is an opening of a new space in the château: the 3rd floor of the east wing will host the artist Davide Qualoya for a digital exhibition. There is also the International Garden Festival that takes place every year. It brings together garden designers from all over the world to use their imagination to create a garden based on the annual theme. The theme for the 31st International Garden Festival is "Ideal Garden," and it will take place from April 21 to November 6, 2022. Landscapers of this edition will work on a garden that is beautiful, organic, restorative, comforting, innovative, and economical. Needless to say, the designers of the 30 gardens are going to surprise and amaze you with their inventiveness!
know before you go
COVID-19 Safety Measures
- Wearing a mask or a visor is required for all personnel in contact with the public. It is mandatory for guests to wear one as well. The mask is essential in indoor spaces and highly recommended in Festival gardens
- The main car park is on the hillside (south entrance of the domain – rue des Argillons). Priority is given to people with reduced mobility and families with pushchairs
- Parking spaces are also available in the village of Chaumont-sur-Loire and along the banks of the Loire
- Most areas are accessible to people with reduced mobility
- There are luggage lockers available
- Dogs are allowed at the International Garden Festival but not in the château
- A free information leaflet is available in the following languages: French, English, German, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, Portuguese, Russian, Polish, Japanese, and Chinese
- Multimedia guides are available at the entrance at an extra cost of 4 euros
21 Apr to 31 Aug
- Daily: 10:00am - 8pm (Château closes at 7pm).
- The last entry is at 6:30pm.
1 Sept to 30 Sept
- Daily: 10am - 7:30pm (Château closes at 7pm)
- The last entry is at 6:30pm.
- 1 Jan and 25 Dec
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly
- Please display your mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID at the venue
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid student IDs
Ticket Redemption Point
- Your ticket redemption point is at Domaine du Château de Chaumont-sur-Loire, 41150 Chaumont-sur-Loire, France
- To locate the ticket redemption point on Google Maps, simply search for - Château de Chaumont
Get Directions to the Ticket Redemption Point
- You can get to Chaumont-sur-Loire along the D 952 (on the right bank) and D 751 subsidiary roads
- Towards Bordeaux: exit 17 (Blois) – 30 minutes
- Towards Paris: exit 18 (Amboise) – 30 minutes
- Exit 12 Saint Aignan – 30 minutes
- Free car park
By Train and Shuttle
- From Paris-Austerlitz station, get off at Onzain/Chaumont-sur-Loire station. This takes around 1hr 40 (Intercités train)
- From St Pierre des Corps station, get off at Onzain/Chaumont-sur-Loire station. This takes around 20 minutes (TER train)
This ticket is valid on the date selected during checkout.