Volendam, Edam, and Windmills Tour
- Head over to Zaanse Schans, home to traditional Dutch architecture (green wooden houses)
- Zaanse boasts several functioning windmills and craftsman's workshops
- Visit Edam and check out its famous sights such as the leaning Carillon tower, the Great Church and town hall
- Dive into the world of cheese as you head to a local cheese farm and learn how the cheese is made
- Sample the world famous Edam cheese sold at the public weighing house
- Cruise over to Volendam, a quaint fishing village by the sea
- Explore St. Vincent’s Church, the wooden Stolphoevekerk and the Visafslag
- Have photos taken in traditional Dutch costume and purchase souvenirs
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Live commentary on board
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
Escape the hustle and bustle of Amsterdam on a half-day guided tour of the Dutch countryside, starting with a 20-minute drive to the windmill village of Zaanse Schans. Situated on the banks of the Zaan River, it is home to traditional 18th and 19th-century architecture, including several functioning windmills.
Watch live demonstrations of craftsmen at work, including a clog maker crafting the famous wooden shoes of the Netherlands. From there continue on to Edam, a commune of ancient streets and tranquil canals lined by beautiful 17th-century buildings. After a stroll around this history-rich town, you’ll have the opportunity to see how Edam’s world-famous cheese is made and taste it in a traditional cheese farm.
The tour then heads over to Volendam, a beautiful seaside village. See the small buildings and the locals in their traditional Dutch clothing. Explore the oldest parts of the city and sites such as St. Vincent’s Church, the wooden Stolphoevekerk and the Visafslag.
- Your mobile voucher will be sent to you shortly
- Please display the same on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID before your pick up
- Your meeting Point is - This is Holland (Overhoeksplein 51, 1031 KS Amsterdam, Netherlands).
- This is Holland is right next to the A'DAM tower and lookout.
- If you're on the other side of the river, board the ferry from Central Station towards the direction of "Buikslotermeer".
- This is a short, free 3-minute ferry ride. Get off and walk towards This is Holland, which is a 2-minute walk from the ferry station.
Ratings & Reviews
- Please note: The meeting point is inside the souvenir shop of the A'DAM Tower, Overhoeksplein, opposite the central station. Catch the 5 minute free ferry (buiksloterweg) behind the station to get here.
- This tour is available in English, Spanish, and German
- This tour involves a small amount of walking. Comfortable walking shoes are recommended