Temple of Poseidon & Cape Sounion Guided Tour from Athens
Experience the best Athens has to offer on this 4-hour guided tour. Visit the Temple of Poseidon during the day or the evening, both offering some unmissable views of Cape Sounion!
- Enjoy this half-day tour of one of the monuments from the Golden Age of Athens with an expert English-speaking tour guide.
- Board an air-conditioned luxury bus and make your way to Cape Sounion.
- Enjoy the drive on the coastal suburbs of Athens Rivera and watch the scenery change to the idyllic countryside.
- Stand at the edge of the cliff at Cape Sounion and take in the breathtaking sight of the Mediterranean Sea.
- Visit the Temple of Poseidon, a marvelous Doric temple overlooking the sea on the edge of Cape Sounion.
- Transport yourself to the ancient past while observing graffiti left behind by Lord Byron, a Romantic poet.
- Pick the sunset tour ticket option to enjoy the beautiful colors of the setting sun over the sea and sip on some delicious wine.
- Entrance fee into Temple of Poseidon
- Expert English-speaking tour guide
- Round-trip hotel transfers
- One glass of wine per adult (sunset tour)
super flexible cancellation policy
Get a full refund on canceling this ticket up to 24hrs before schedule
Embark upon a unique half-day guided tour to Cape Sounion, a revered archeological site with plenty of sights to offer. Your tour will start off with a drive along the Athens Rivera on a comfortable air-conditioned bus. Enjoy splendid views of the Saronic Gulf while passing along some of Greece’s stunning suburbs like the Hellinikon Olympic complex, Glyfada, Vouliagmeni, and Varkiza.
Your 4 hour-long tour begins at the Temple of Poseidon, one of the best-preserved temples from the Golden Age of Athens. Poseidon is the Greek God of the sea and plays a vital role for ancient Greeks. Overlooking the Mediterranean Sea at the end of Cape Sounion, the temple stands at an elevation of 60 meters. Notice graffiti left behind by Lord Byron and soak up the stunning panoramic views of the Aegean Sea while you’re here. You will also get a chance to take a close look at the Doric architecture of the structure from the Archaic period. If you've opted for the sunset tour, brace yourself for one of the most beautiful sunsets you’ve ever seen! Glass of wine in hand, watch the sun slowly touch the sea as you commemorate the moment with a photograph.
know before you go
Ages 0-3yrs go free. Ages 4-12yrs enjoy reduced ticket pricing (carry a valid photo ID)
Daily departure at 2:30 PM
- 5-18 May: Departure at 5:45 PM
- 19 May- 8 June: Departure at 6:00 PM
- 9 June-21 July: 6:15 PM
- 22 July-17 Aug: Departure at 5:45 PM
- 18 Aug-7 Sept: Departure at 5:15 PM
- 8-21 Sept: Departure at 5:00 PM
- 22-29 Sept: Departure at 4:45 PM
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID to your guide
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid student IDs
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays
- Meet your tour guide at KEY TOURS TERMINAL (26 Athanasiou Diakou Str., Athina 117 43, Greece)
- Key Tours Terminal is located 3 minutes from the Temple of Olympian Zeus
- Nearest transit stop is ‘Makrygiannē’, which is a 2-minute walk from Key Tours Terminal
- Bus #1, 5, 040, 230 will get you here
- Nearest subway station is Acropoli, which is a 2-minute walk from Key Tours Terminal
- Nearest tram station is ‘Leoforos Vouliagmenis’, a 5-minute walk from Key Tours Terminal
- Tram #T4 and T5 will get you here
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout