Small-Group Coromandel Peninsula Tour from Auckland
- Instant confirmation
- Mobile ticket
- Transfers included
Looking for adventure? Join this tour and go on a road trip through the Waikato countryside, followed by a beach getaway at Cathedral Cove and Hot Water Beach!
- Enjoy a quick getaway from Auckland and spend a day in the beautiful Coromandel Peninsula.
- Only 2 hours away from the city, the peninsula is famous for its white-sand beaches and forests.
- On the way, travel south through the lovely Waikato countryside and soak in the incredible scenery.
- Take short walks to spectacular viewpoints and enjoy photo-ops at the Coromandel Peninsula.
- Visit Cathedral Cove, and take a native bush walk to make your way there.
- Spend your time here sunbathing, swimming, or simply enjoying the stunning views.
- Dig a hole in the sand at Hot Water Beach and create your own natural geothermal water bath.
- The tour includes hotel transfers and the company of a friendly local guide.
- Small-group tour
- Expert guide
- Bottled water
- Pick-up and drop-off to/from Auckland
You can cancel these tickets up to 24 hours before the experience begins and get a full refund.
Known for its white-sand beaches, lush native forests, mighty rivers, and small towns, the Coromandel Peninsula is an exciting getaway located only two hours away from Auckland. On your way there, listen to your guide as they set the scene for your adventure while also pointing out the city's top highlights. Travel south through the lovely Waikato countryside - it almost looks like Middle Earth from the Lord of the Rings movies! Take in the scenery of the impressive mountains and wandering farm animals. When you finally enter the Coromandel Peninsula, take breaks to stop for short walks to amazing viewpoints and photo-ops.
The first key highlight on your tour is Cathedral Cove, which has featured in the movie The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian. As one of New Zealand's most famous and beautiful beaches, it is a must-visit. There are no roads to get here, so you will have to take a native bush walk to make your way there. Once you reach, take some time to relax, sunbathe, swim, play a sport or just savor the spectacular views. Leave Cathedral Cove after a delicious lunch (at your own expense) and continue onwards to the famous Hot Water Beach. The best thing to do here is to dig a hole in the sand and create your own naturally-heated geothermal water bath. Pro-Tip: Dig your hole at the edge of the beach to allow ocean waves to gently roll in and cool you off occasionally. What could be better! After this fun day in paradise, start to head north back to Auckland but not without visiting some secret stops along the way.
Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
Infants aged 0-3yrs, as well as children aged 4-14yrs, enjoy reduced ticket pricing (carry a valid photo ID).
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Please display your mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID to your guide.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification.
- This ticket includes hotel pickups and drop-offs.
- While booking, please provide the name of your hotel.
- This is applicable to all hotels in Auckland.
- If your hotel is not in the pickup zone, you will be provided with the nearest pickup location.
- On the day of your tour, please arrive at your hotel lobby 10-15 minutes prior to the scheduled pickup time.
- If your hotel does not have a lobby, please wait at the entrance of your hotel.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.