Mohammed Bin Rashid Library Tickets
Mohammed Bin Rashid Library will open shortly in 2021.
- Take a trip down the rabbit hole with tickets to Mohammed Bin Rashid Library.
- Visit the soon-to-be largest cultural center in the Middle East and North Africa region.
- Explore an exceptional collection of books, newspapers, documentaries, lectures, and more.
- There will also be study rooms, exhibition spaces, an auditorium, and a conservation center.
- Get access to hard-to-find sources of information with digital links to libraries around the world.
- Discover a dedicated section displaying personal collections of the Al Maktoum family.
- Entry to Mohammed Bin Rashid Library
- Access to millions of books (print and digital)
The cancellation policy on your tickets will be announced closer to the opening date of the attraction.
what to expect
What is Mohammed Bin Rashid Library?
Located in Al Jaddaf overlooking the Dubai Creek, Mohammed Bin Rashid Library is far more than the average knowledge hub. Its highly anticipated launch will place it alongside the largest, most famous libraries in the world! In addition to being a state-of-the-art library containing numerous collections, the 66,000 square meter development will also be a cultural space for events, exhibitions, activities, education, and festivals.
Mohammed Bin Rashid Library Book Collection
The Mohammed Bin Rashid Library is set to house more than 4.5 million books, 1 million audiobooks, and 2 million eBooks. The diverse collections offered within its walls will work to bring together intellectuals and thinkers alike, while also encouraging the habit of reading in children. The project also aims to aid professionals engaged in research and education.
Mohammed Bin Rashid Library Construction & Design: It’s 6 Pillars
The structure of this prestigious establishment resembles a ‘Rhel’ which is a Turkish lectern upon which the Quran is traditionally placed. It is built on six pillars, each of which promotes the project’s unique goals:
- The first pillar features eight specialized libraries: Business, Children, Multimedia, Youth, Arabic, Family, Popular, and International genres.
- The second pillar focuses on encouraging the habit of reading.
- The third pillar consists of a vast variety of eBooks.
- The fourth pillar authorizes new books and translates popular titles from around the world to Arabic.
- The fifth pillar will be dedicated to the preservation of the Arabic language.
- The sixth and final pillar will serve to uphold and display cultural heritage while also exhibiting Arabic art.
Mohammed Bin Rashid Library Services
- Eight specialized libraries
- Areas for open reading
- Temporary and permanent exhibition spaces
- Meeting rooms, classrooms, and study rooms
- Special library for the Al Maktoum Collection
- 500-seat theatre for the launching of intellectual events through lectures and seminars
- Civilization Museum and Arab Heritage Museum for ensuring the preservation of culture
- Modern technology to serve scientific research and dissemination of knowledge
- Centre for conservation and restoration of books, manuscripts, and documents
- Areas for hosting interactive events, activities, educational and cultural festivals
- Cultural services, such as documentaries and live lectures from around the world
- Headquarters of The International Council for the Arabic Language
know before you go
Expected to open at 8 AM.
How to Get to Mohammed Bin Rashid Library
- Location: Al Jaddaf, overlooking Dubai Creek
- Get Directions to Mohammed Bin Rashid Library
By Metro: The nearest metro station is Dubai Creek metro station. It’s a 13-minute walk.
By Car: About 15 minutes from Dubai Mall, 27 minutes from Palm Jumeirah, 25 minutes from Burj Al Arab, and 30 minutes from The Walk JBR. The Dubai International Airport (DXB) is roughly an 11-minute drive and the new Al Maktoum International Airport is a 48-minute drive.
Things to Do Around Mohammed Bin Rashid Library
Retreat to the spacious Zabeel Park for tranquil picnics and picture-perfect moments. Spread across an area equivalent to 45 football fields, the park is one of the first technology-driven green spaces in the UAE. It is also home to the iconic Dubai Frame, the largest picture frame in the world!
Spend a few hours swimming and playing with friendly dolphins at Dubai Dolphinarium located in Creek Park. Visitors can also enjoy other attractions such as the Creek Park Bird Show, Mirror Maze, Trampoline, 5D/7D Cinema, etc.
Synonymous with the image of Dubai itself, the Burj Khalifa is one of the most exciting attractions to discover and explore. Ride and super-fast elevator, soak in stunning views from the top, and dine in some of Dubai’s poshest restaurants.
Mohammed Bin Rashid Library Tickets: FAQs
When will Mohammed Bin Rashid Library open?
The library is set to open soon in 2021.
Is Mohammed Bin Rashid Library a ticketed attraction?
Yes, it is a ticketed attraction.
How much do tickets cost at Mohammed Bin Rashid Library?
Ticket prices will be disclosed once the Mohammed Bin Rashid Library opens.
Q: How to purchase Mohammed Bin Rashid Library tickets?
A: Mohammed Bin Rashid Library tickets will be available for purchase closer to the time of its opening.
Q: Are Mohammed Bin Rashid Library tickets available online?
A: Mohammed Bin Rashid Library tickets are not available to purchase online just yet, but will appear closer to its opening date.
Q: Are there any discounts available on Mohammed Bin Rashid Library tickets?
A: Discounts available for Mohammed Bin Rashid Library tickets will be revealed closer to the opening date of the attraction.
Q: Can I purchase same-day tickets to Mohammed Bin Rashid Library?
A: Same-day tickets to Mohammed Bin Rashid Library will be available to purchase once the attraction is open.
What is the best way to buy tickets to Mohammed Bin Rashid Library?
Bookings for entry into Mohammed Bin Rashid Library will open soon once the launch date is announced.
What facilities does Mohammed Bin Rashid Library have?
The library will include eight specialized collections, including an information center, a media center, a reading corner, and libraries dedicated to youth, children, business, families, and Arabic. Mohammed Bin Rashid Library will also include a center for conservation and preservation of books, manuscripts, and documents, as well as a special library for the Al Maktoum Collection. A Civilization museum and an Arab Heritage Museum will encourage people to embrace their Arab identity through heritage preservation initiatives.
Who built Mohammed Bin Rashid Library?
The library is designed by Architekten Stuttgart, Obermeyer Planen + Beraten Munich and ACG Architecture Consulting Group.
How many visitors will Mohammed Bin Rashid Library receive?
When open, the 66,000 square feet property is expected to facilitate ten million visitors annually.
How can I get to Mohammed Bin Rashid Library?
The nearest metro station is Dubai Creek metro station. It’s a 13-minute walk. You can also go by car. The library is located about 15 minutes from Dubai Mall, 27 minutes from Palm Jumeirah, 25 minutes from Burj Al Arab, and 30 minutes from The Walk JBR. The Dubai International Airport (DXB) is roughly an 11-minute drive and the new Al Maktoum International Airport is a 48-minute drive.
Is there any parking space available at Mohammed Bin Rashid Library?
The basement of the library will be able to accommodate around a thousand cars.
How can you contact Mohammed Bin Rashid Library?
For any questions regarding upcoming tickets and events, contact +971 4 222 2025.
What other attractions and places can you visit near Mohammed Bin Rashid Library?
You can picnic at Zabeel Park, whose area is equivalent to 45 football fields - the park is also home to the iconic Dubai Frame, the largest picture frame in the world. Alternatively, play with friendly dolphins at Dubai Dolphinarium located in Creek Park, or visit the attraction that is synonymous with the image of Dubai itself, the Burj Khalifa.