Colosseum Immersive Self-Guided Audio Tour
Set foot inside the iconic Roman Colosseum and explore the 2,000-year-old building with the help of an engaging audio guide!
- Discover the history and secret stories about the Colosseum, the largest standing amphitheater.
- Download your audio guide on the Vidi Guides app at any time and listen offline, without WiFi.
- Learn the backstory of the Flavian dynasty that built the site, one of the Seven Wonders of the World.
- The app also offers a GPS map to explore sites without getting lost and recommends Instagram hotspots for the perfect pictures.
- Access to your self-guided audio tour
- Audio tour provided by a local or historian
- Mobile device
- Entry ticket to the Colosseum
You can cancel these tickets up to 24 hours before the experience begins and get a full refund.
Standing strong for over 2,000 years, the Colosseum has lived through very exciting times in history. Completed in 80 AD, this was the largest amphitheater of its kind at the time. It was also where gladiators and exotic animals once battled, where massive crowds gathered and cheered, and lofty emperors decided the fates of the fighters.
When you get to the Colosseum and put on your audio guide, which is narrated by an expert historian, you'll be able to relive the structure's ancient origins to its place in Italy today. Wander around the building and learn about the Roman empire, the Vestal Virgins, and the odd naval battle, on a perfect walk for any historical trip to Rome.
know before you go
know before you go
- Since the Colosseum is spread across almost 6 acres, it means a lot of walking. Wearing a comfortable pair of shoes and breathable clothes would be a great option to explore the Colosseum.
- If you are planning a visit during the warmer months, don’t forget a sunhat and sunglasses!
- Mon to Fri - 10:30am to 4:30pm
- Sat and Sun - Closed • Last admission: 3:30pm
- Your tour code will be emailed to you shortly.
- Once you receive the code, input it into the Vidi Guides app, which you can download on your smartphone.
- Through the Vidi Guides app, you will be able to access the audio guide and begin your tour.
- Your starting point is outside the Colosseum, near the Arch of Constantine.
- Address: Piazza del Colosseo, 1, 00184 Roma RM, Italy.
- The nearest transit stop is Colosseo/Salvi N., which is a 2-minute walk to the starting point.
- Tram #8 will get you here.
- Buses 3NAV, 8BUS, and n3d also stop here.
This ticket is valid for the date selected during checkout.