Arena Floor Special Access: Colosseum Tour with Roman Forum & Palatine Hill
Submerge yourself in the magnificent era of gladiators and the might of the ancient Roman Empire by embarking on this tour of the Colosseum that is unlike any other since you will actually get to stand on the actual floor of the arena where so many fought for their lives! Pay attention to detail with this small-group tour of a max of 25 pax per group.
- Immerse yourself into the history and wonder of the Colosseum, a monument synonymous with Rome itself!
- Admire the amphitheater from the perspective of both gladiators and emperors by gaining access to the partially reconstructed arena floor and the Emperor's Box.
- Let your professional tour guide regale you with glorious tales from times gone by as he helps you navigate your way through the Colosseum and then the Roman Forum.
- Enjoy your guided tour with a small group of 25 people or less to keep your experience as intimate and leisurely as possible!
- 2.5-hour guided tour of the Colosseum
- Expert tour guide
- Headsets when appropriate, so you can always hear your guide
- Privileged Colosseum Arena access
- Access to the Roman Forum and Palatine Hill
- Access to the underground level.
- Access to the top levels of the Colosseum.
super flexible cancellation policy
You may cancel up to 48 hours in advance for a full refund.
Immerse Yourself into the History and Wonder of the Colosseum
Meet up with your guide, who will escort you to the Group Entrance, meaning that you will entirely bypass the winding lines and the crowds that are gathered at the main entrance to the attraction. Once you enter the partially constructed arena floor and look up at the many-tiered structure of the Colosseum, the history of the place really does immerse you. Your guide, of course, will be happy to answer your questions and tell you tales about the epic battles fought in the arena in ancient times. Your guide will also walk you along the entire circumference of the Colosseum so you can truly understand what this amphitheater must have been like when it was occupied by 80,000 screaming Romans.
Enjoy Fascinating Stories of the Roman Forum from Your Expert Guide
Following your tour of the Colosseum, your guide will lead the way to the Roman Forum, where they will help you to gain priority access. You'll be taken to a vantage point with spectacular views where your guide will give you an introduction to the history of the Forum as well as outline the most important and breathtaking monuments present here before giving you the opportunity to explore the area on your own, after which you will trek to the top of the Palatine Hill for unparalleled views of the Forum and Circus Maximus.
This experience of the Colosseum is truly unique since you will be gaining access to parts of the attraction that the general public never has, making this a truly memorable hour-and-a-half spent at this beacon of Ancient Rome.
know before you go
This ticket has the following options you can choose from:
- English Guided Tour
- German Guided Tour
- Italian Guided Tour
- French Guided Tour
- Spanish Guided Tour
- Semi-Private English Guided Tour
- Special Visit by Night: English Guided Tour
All members of your party must carry a valid ID to present it at the time of entry if requested. Should you fail to do so, venue authorities may deny you entry and such instances are not liable for reschedules or refunds.
On a few occasions, tour will begin with Roman Forum first and end at Colosseum.
Note: From August 6, 2021, onwards, all sites that we visit in Italy will require guests and guides alike to provide proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test (completed within 48 hours) prior to entry. They will also require a legal form of ID matching the vaccination or test results. You can read more about it on the Italian Government website. If you have any questions regarding your tour, please reach out to us prior to your schedule, and we can help answer any questions you may have.
Reduced Price Tickets
For children who can walk and do not require to be carried or moved around in a stroller, a reduced price ticket needs to be purchased.
This tour involves a fair amount of walking, hills, and stairs; comfortable shoes are recommended.
Some sites visited lack shade and can be hot under direct sunlight. We recommend bringing a hat, sunscreen and a bottle of water in warm weather.
Please note that our vendor will be unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any mobility impairment requiring special assistance. They will be unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages as well.
How to Redeem Your Tickets
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly.
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID to your guide.
- If you have purchased reduced price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid Student IDs.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays.
Please check your final voucher for the meeting point details and specific instructions.