From Lisbon: Porto Highlights Day Trip
Be a part of a comprehensive full-day guided tour to the wonderful city of Porto where you can discover the most emblematic places in the city and experience art, monuments, divinity, wine, and exquisite cuisines, all in one go.
- Enjoy a full-day guided tour of Porto as you cover its main highlights.
- Visit the natural and charming Ribera del Duero area and witness the beautiful bridges located there.
- See the most famous bridge of Porto–the bridge of Don Luis I.
- Explore the Fuente Taurina which serves as the entrance to a myriad of wonderful restaurants to choose from.
- Witness how beauty meets art and divinity at some of the famous religious centers in Porto such as the Cathedral and Clerigos Church.
- Get to see the Clérigos Tower which is the largest religious construction in Portugal.
- Pass by the visually striking San Bento railroad station which is decorated with beautiful tiles representing the country's history with sensational images.
- End your tour with some wine and food as you explore the beauty of Porto at your own pace post the guided tour.
- Guided tour (available in English and Spanish)
- Air-conditioned transportation
- English speaking guide
- Tour in Lisbon
- Tour in Porto
- Meal inclusions
You can cancel these tickets up to 24 hours before the experience begins and get a full refund.
Tap into nature
Begin your fun day tour of Porto, the second largest city in Portugal with the Ribera del Duero area which is sure to bring you right into nature’s lap. Admire the beautiful bridges that cross the river and feel the authentic essence of the city. See the picturesque area of Largo do Terreiro, which makes it a World Heritage Site.
Say hello to history!
Visit the marvelous Chapel of Nossa Senhora de Ó, which dates back to the 17th century, and learn from your expert guide how it went through deep remodeling in the 19th century. Make the next stop to the famous Fuente Taurina, which will open the gates to a multitude of restaurants that serve some of the best food in the city. Go up from the Ribeira, and cross the bridge of Don Luis I, which is a double-deck metal arch bridge that spans the River Douro between the cities of Porto and Vila Nova de Gaia, and is also the most famous bridge of Porto.
A divine touch
After crossing the Don Luis I bridge, see the greatest exponents of baroque art in the city of Porto–the Church area and the Clérigos Tower which is about 80 meters high and is the largest religious construction in Portugal. It is intricately constructed and its marble and granite facade is bound to leave you speechless. A secret awaits you inside the temple in the form of treasures of incalculable value, which are protected by a lovely rococo-style facade. Move on to the Cathedral of Oporto which is a majestic temple built throughout the twelfth century and whose facade depicts a sensational mix of styles–Romanesque, Gothic, and Baroque. From your learned guide, get to know about the history and the main elements of the temple.
Near the end of your tour, pass by the San Bento railroad station which is decorated with picturesque tiles depicting Portugal’s rich history. Next, cross to the other side of the river to contemplate the historical part of the city, and marvel at Vinho do Porto Caves. Take the next few hours to explore the city and its famous cuisine on your own at a number of famous restaurants suggested by expert guides who know the place inside out. And, don’t forget to pair your food with some great wine, for which Porto is quite famous.
know before you go
know before you go
- Sat: 7:30am
- 11 hours 30 mins
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the meeting point.
- Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes before the scheduled time of your visit to avoid any delays.
- Meet your guide at by the fountain at Plaza Rossio.
- Address: Plaza Dom Pedro IV, 1100-193 Lisbon, Portugal.
- Landmark: Opposite Teatro Nacional.
- Your guide will be wearing a shirt with the Buendía Tours logo.
Get Directions to the Meeting Point
- The closest bus stop is Rossio. It is a quick 2-minute walk to the meeting point.
- Board buses 207, 732, 736, 746 and 783 to get you there.
- The closest subway station is Estação Rossio. It is a quick 2-minute walk to the meeting point.
- Board subway line Vd to get you there.