Buckhingham Palace & Windsor Castle Full Day Tour From London
Tour two of the finest attractions of London, the magnificent Buckingham Palace and the exuberant Windsor Castle. Get an exclusive timed entry into the Buckingham Palace, and enjoy a multimedia guide, allowing you to explore the Palace at your own pace. Then embark on a tour of the renowned Windsor Castle, one of the royal residences.
- Explore the grandeur and magnificence of the Buckingham Palace firsthand, as you enjoy a multimedia tour of its interiors.
- Witness the oldest inhabited castle in the world, Windsor Castle, as you take a tour of the lavish weekend residence of the Queen!
- With an audioguide and multimedia guide with you at each of the locations, you can get a comprehensive understanding of the history of these attractions.
- Entry to Buckingham Palace
- Entry to Windsor Castle
- Multimedia guide
- Transportation to Windsor by air-conditioned coach
- Hotel transfers
These tickets can't be cancelled or rescheduled.
why you shouldn’t miss this
The Buckingham Palace is one of the most renowned residences in the world and is the home to the royal family. The State Rooms, where the Queen entertains her guests is open just ten weeks a year and is a must-see for anyone visiting the Palace or London. The 19 rooms are used for various ceremonial and official purposes and are ornately decorated.
The Windsor Castle is a royal residence situated in the county of Berkshire. Built in the 11th century, it is the longest-occupied castle in Europe and is renowned for its incredible architecture and numerous attractions. The St. George’s Chapel, a 15th-century church is considered to be the foremost example of Perpendicular Gothic architecture. It is one of the most popular tourist attractions outside of London and gets hundreds of thousands of visitors every year.
Your tour will begin with a visit to the prominent Buckingham Palace, and you will enjoy a special entry into the building. Additionally, you will be provided with a multimedia guide that will allow you to explore and understand the significance of each of the rooms and their history. The State Rooms are a picture of opulence, and the vividly decorated rooms are used to host the guests who visit the Palace. You will see the 47-meter long Picture gallery, which houses some of the most magnificent paintings in the Royal collection. You will then visit the exquisite ballrooms and throne rooms before reaching the expansive gardens on the southern side of the palace. The vibrant garden is absolutely breathtaking to witness in person, and its natural beauty is a highlight of the tour.
You will then be taken to the Windsor Castle in an air-conditioned coach. The Long Walk is a beautiful path leading to the Castle, with dense forests on either side. You may even catch sight of deer crossing the walk as you go along! The State Apartments are ornately decorated, and also hold some of the greatest works of art by Leonardo da Vinci and Rembrandt. You will then go to Queen Mary’s Doll House, a model of a fully functioning home with running water, working lifts, and electricity, but is just three feet in height. Finally, you will get to walk through the spectacular St. George’s Chapel, and see numerous royal memorials. With this, the tour concludes, and you will be dropped back to Kensington by 6:30 PM.
know before you go
Timings and Availability
This tour runs daily from 20 July to 29 September 2019.
You must visit the Golden Tours Visitor Centre in Victoria to collect your tickets for both Buckingham Palace and Windsor Castle. This will be your departure point for both elements of your trip. You will be dropped back at Kensington (Gloucester Road)
For the Buckingham Palace tour:
- Check-in time: 9:15 AM
- Departure time: 9:30 AM
For the Windsor Castle tour:
- Departure time: 1:45 PM (Please arrive 10 min before the departure time)
Windsor Castle will remain closed on 25th – 26th December 2019. Queen Mary’s Dolls’ House is currently closed until further notice.
St. George’s Chapel is closed to visitors on Sundays as services are held throughout the day. Worshippers are welcome to attend the services.
Restrictions and Notices
- This tour is unescorted
- For safety reasons, pushchairs are not permitted in the State Rooms. They must be checked in and reclaimed at the exit. Baby-carriers are available for loan.
- A one-way system operates along the entire visitor route so be sure to check out the attractions thoroughly as you won’t be allowed to revisit them.
- Photography and filming are allowed for private use only and only in the Palace Gardens.
- This tour is not meant for individuals with impaired movement. You will receive an email confirmation along with a voucher instantly. Please display a printed version of your voucher along with some valid photo ID at the Buckingham Palace Ticket Office (Buckingham Palace Road, London SW1A 1AA, UK), where some queuing time should be expected.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID to your guide
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays
- Meet your guide at Greenline Coach Terminal, Bus Stop #3
- Address: Bulleid Way, Victoria, London SW1W 9SH, United Kingdom
Get Directions to the Redemption Point
- The closest bus stop is Londyn, which stops right across from the meeting point
- Bus 05EX will bring you here
- The closest subway station is Victoria Station, a 5-minute walk to the meeting point
- Victoria, Circle, and district lines will bring you here
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected at checkout.