From Bucharest: Zarnesti Bear Sanctuary, Brasov, and Dracula Castle Tour
This tour has a bit of something for everyone: real bears being un-bear-ably cute, teddy bears from around the world, and a visit to a spooky castle!
- Take a break from Bucharest and head over to Zarnesti - a refuge for bears rescued from captivity.
- See the adorable animals living a happy life - swimming in the pool, or lounging in the grass.
- Check out the Teddy Bear Museum and admire the two giant bears gifted by the British Royal Family.
- Tour Bran Castle, learn about Dracula's legend, and explore creaky-floored rooms filled with antiques.
- Stroll through the medieval city of Brasov, the birthplace of Romania's national anthem.
- Walk on one of the narrowest streets in Europe - Rope Street, which dates back to the 15th century.
- Enjoy convenient hotel transfers and the company of an expert local guide throughout your tour.
- Entrance fees for the sites included in the itinerary, as well as Zarnesti Bear Sanctuary, and Dracula Castle
- Expert English-speaking tour guide
- Transportation in a modern vehicle
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Bottle of water
- Lunch (approx. €13/person)
- Photography fees
- Tips for the tour guide
flexible cancellation policy
Get a full refund on canceling this ticket up to 48h before the schedule.
Your adventurous day out starts with a hotel pick-up from Bucharest. Make your way to the bear reserve in Zarnesti - a leafy wildlife home in the Carpathian Mountains. Most of the bears here used to be held captive, and you will get the opportunity to see them be free - climbing trees, playing in the water pool, or simply lazing in the meadows. There's also a Teddy Bear Museum here where you can see over 200 teddy bears from all around the world. Two of the giant bears here were gifted by the Royal Family of Great Britain.
Next up is your visit to Bran Castle, better known as Dracula's Castle - one of the world’s spookiest places. Follow your guide through eerie rooms and dark passageways, and learn about the legend of the most famous vampire. Continue onwards to Brasov, a city that was founded by the Teutonic Knights in 1211, and encircled by the Carpathian Mountains. Take a stroll on the narrowest street in Europe - Rope Street, and click as many photos as you can. Fun fact: since this city connects Transylvania, Wallachia, and Moldavia, you will find Romanian, German and Hungarian sweets made with original recipes! At the end of the tour, you will be dropped off back in Bucharest.
know before you go
- Wear comfortable shoes as there is a moderate amount of walking involved.
- Temperatures can drop down to low levels here, so make sure to wear warm clothes.
- Photography is allowed, however you are not permitted to use flash or tripods.
- Tuesday to Sunday at 7:30 AM
- Each Monday, 15th of August, 1st of May, 20 December-5 January
- Bran Castle
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Please display your mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID to your guide.
- This ticket includes hotel pickups and drop-offs.
- While booking, please provide the name of your hotel.
- This is applicable to all hotels in Bucharest.
- If your hotel is not in the pickup zone, you will be provided with the nearest pickup location.
- On the day of your tour, please arrive at your hotel lobby 10 minutes prior to the scheduled pickup time.
- If your hotel does not have a lobby, please wait at the entrance of your hotel.
This ticket is valid for the date and time during checkout.