Birdoswald Roman Fort Entry Ticket
Discover the best-preserved defenses of Birdoswald Roman Fort, a major fort along Hadrian's Wall.
- At Birdoswald Roman Fort, uncover remains of the Hadrian's Wall's features.
- Take the Roman Trail through the sight and gasp at the serene natural surroundings.
- Gaze out at river Irthing and drink in views of the gorge it opens into.
- Discover 1,800 years worth of history, ruins of the Roman Fort, and turret.
- Stand on the ground that was once patrolled and guarded by the Roman soldiers.
- At the visitor center, delve into the history of the Wall even further with a dedicated exhibition to check out.
- Admission into Birdoswald Roman Fort
- Guided tour
- Hotel transfers
super flexible cancellation policy
Get a full refund on canceling this ticket up to 24 hours before the schedule.
Journey back to life on the frontier and learn the tale of power and ambition in the Roman Empire here. Your Hadrian's Wall excursion begins at Birdoswald Roman Fort, where remains of the Wall's defining features can still be made out. Set on a ridge above river Irthing, you are promised striking views of the gorge it opens into.
Gaze out at the crags of the Whin Sill, where traces of Hadrian's Wall can be seen contouring the dramatic landscape. Standing here, you'll discover 1,800 years of history as the longest remains of the Wall stretches out as far as the eye can see. Explore the ruins of the Roman fort, milecastle and turret.
Feel like a Roman soldier as you march through the four-meter high gatehouse to the new exhibition. Dive into the tale of the most famous Roman frontier, and bring out your creative side with bricks to find out how the Wall was built. Take a quiz to find out what role you would have played in the Roman army, peer through a periscope, and find out the original height of Hadrian's Wall!
know before you go
COVID Safety Information
- Face coverings are now legally required in all our indoor public places, including our visitor centers, shops, on all on-site transport, and in our cafes except when you are eating or drinking (unless exempt).
- We’ll be carrying out extra cleaning, using screens and wearing face coverings, and making hand sanitiser available for everyone to use.
- You don’t need to have a COVID Pass to visit, but please don’t visit if you have symptoms of Covid-19, have tested positive, or if you’ve been asked to self-isolate.
- We’ll always follow the latest government guidance, and if anything changes we’ll update this page to let you know our plans.
- 27 Mar to 31 Oct: Daily from 10am to 5pm (last entry at 3pm)
- 1 Nov to 23 Dec: Sat & Sun from 10am to 4pm (last entry at 3pm)
- Closed on 24 & 25 Dec
- 26 Dec to 1 Jan: Daily from 10am to 4pm (last entry at 3pm)
- 2 Jan to 11 Feb: Sat & Sun from 10am to 4pm (last entry at 3pm)
- 12 Feb to 27 Feb: Daily from 10am to 4pm (last entry at 3pm)
- 28 Feb to 31 Mar: Wed to Sun from 10am to 4pm (last entry at 3pm)
Please note that time slots are available every 60 minutes.
- Infants aged 4 and under go free. Children aged 5-17, students with valid NUS cards, senior citizens aged 65 and up, and families enjoy reduced ticket pricing (carry valid photo IDs)
- One ticket valid for the entry of 1/2 adults & up to 3 Children.
Parking is located approximately 200 meters from the site with room for over 50 cars. Parking charges apply.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly.
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the attraction.
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your experience to avoid delays.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification.
Ticket Redemption Point
- You can redeem the tickets at the main entrance of the attraction: Birdoswald Roman Fort - Hadrian's Wall.
- Address: Gilsland, Hadrian's Wall Path, Brampton CA8 7DD, United Kingdom.
- The closest bus stop is Visitor Centre, which is right in front of the attraction.
- Bus BR3 will bring you here.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.