Volendam: Bike Rental with Countryside Route Suggestions
Discover Volendam and its surrounding areas by bike and receive curated routes and recommendations directly on your smartphone. Windmills, meadows, cheese, bike rides, traditional colorful houses: it doesn’t get more Dutch than this!
- Explore the Dutch countryside at your own pace on a comfortable rented bike.
- See the old fishing village of Volendam with its typical authentic little houses.
- Enjoy the freedom to carve your own itinerary or follow the suggested routes.
- All suggestions and directions are offered in 11 different languages.
- Get lost in the lush and tranquil scenery as you move along the Gouwzee.
- Ride to the island of Marken and further to the villages of Monnickendam and Edam.
- See an authentic mill and visit a large cheese farm and clog factory.
- Ensure your trip is green by traveling in silence and without emissions.
- Bike rental with three gears
- GPS program to follow possible routes on your smartphone
- Hardcopy map of the surroundings with recommendations
- Full battery with a range of 100+ kilometers
- Assistance in multiple languages
- Free entrance ticket to a cheese farm and clog factory
- Free poncho in case of rain
- Free roadside service
- Meal and drinks
- Hotel transfers
You can cancel these tickets up to 24 hours before the experience begins and get a full refund.
If you’re looking to experience the other side of the Netherlands, away from the buzz of Amsterdam, then renting a bike and cycling in Volendam is the way to go. Tour the countryside at your own whim on the back of a comfortable three-geared bike. Ride past windmills, meadows, a beautiful lake, and surrounding villages, and make pit stops at places that catch your attention. With a rented bike, you can also explore the nearby villages of Monnickendam, Marken, and Edam, where you will come across cheese farms, ice-cream parlors, wooden houses on stilts, uneven roads, people in traditional costumes, museums, and much more.
The ticket includes a GPS program that offers the best routes and recommendations for free. With world-class cycling infrastructures in place, Volendam offers safe and pleasant biking excursions. Simply hop on your bike and gear up for an authentic Dutch experience.
know before you go
know before you go
COVID-19 Safety Precautions
- All required protective equipment is provided.
- Frequently touched areas are regularly cleaned.
- Customers are required to bring and wear masks.
- Customers must maintain distance while riding the vehicles.
The ticket includes the following options that you can choose from:
- 1-day bike rental
- 2-day bike rental
- 3-day bike rental
English, French, Russian, Spanish, German, Chinese, Dutch, Italian, Portuguese, Arabic, Japanese
- People under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be allowed to rent or drive the vehicle.
- You will not be allowed to ride on the highway and will have to oblige to ride along the stated bike paths.
- Travelers must deposit €25 while renting the bike and collect the amount back upon returning the undamaged bike.
- Be aware of your surroundings. Don’t use the bell unnecessarily, always ride slowly, and provide enough space for others on the road.
- If your child is still too small to get on the bike, you can arrange to have a child seat placed on the front or back of your bike.
- Make sure to carry a passport or driver’s license for identity purposes.
- Find information on parking here if you plan to drive to Volendam.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the ticket redemption point.
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid delays.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification.
Ticket Redemption Point
- Redeem your tickets at the ticketing office of Rent & Event.
- Address: Haven 45, 1131 EP Volendam, Netherlands.
- The closest bus stop is Volendam, Volendam Centrum, a 7-min walk to the ticketing office.
- Bus N14 will bring you here.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.