E-scooter Tour of Volendam, Monnickendam & Marken + Optional Boat Ticket & Photo in Costume
Enjoy the scenic beauty of the Netherlands' countryside on this self-guided tour!
- Book yourself this 3-hour self-guided tour of the Netherland's scenic countryside on an e-scooter.
- Pass along the old-harbor villages of Volendam, Monnickendam, Marken and Katwoude.
- Your route is littered with Dutch sights: windmills, dikes, lighthouses, cheese farms, fisher boats, and harbor villages.
- Try some Dutch culinary favorites like local cheeses, sausages, traditional Haring, and Kibbeling.
- Soak in the Dutch coastline from aboard its waters on a serene cruise from Marken to Volendam.
- Upgrade your experience to include a photograph of you dressed up in traditional Volendam attire.
- Individual e-scooter rental for 3 hours
- GPS smartphone program to follow route
- Hardcopy of map with recommendations to break
- Discounted voucher for cheese (at a local cheese farm)
- 1-way boat ticket (lake between Marken & Volendam)
- Picture in traditional costume (1 hardcopy & QR code for digital picture)
- Food & drinks
- Hotel transfers
super flexible cancellation policy
Get a full refund on canceling this ticket up to 24 hours before the schedule.
Rent and ride an e-scooter through the breezy harbors of Volendam, Katwoude, Monnickendam, and Marken on this 3-hour self-guided tour. Wind down the beautiful countryside as you pass along typical Dutch windmills, cheese farms, a wooden shoe factory, a 10-kilometer-long dike, a lighthouse, harbor villages, and lots of fisher boats.
Depart from the old harbor in Volendam and ride towards Monnickendam: stop at the Kathammer windmill to soak up a classic Dutch sight. En-route, you'll visit a traditional cheese farm, view a cheese-making demonstration, and sample different kinds of cheeses.
At the old center of Monnickendam, you'll feel like you've stepped into a time capsule. Admire light bronze bricked-houses, the old harbor, the beer brewery, and charming terraces. Find out how local beer is brewed, sample some homemade sausages, and relax on the breezy terraces.
Continue onto the former island of Marken, where characteristic houses and the stunning view over the Gouwzee will catch your view. Stop at the Viskraam (fish stall) to try some traditional haring or Kibbeling. Pass by a wooden shoe factory, go inside, and get a demonstration on how wooden shoes are made.
Optional Boat Ticket & Photo in Costume
Finally, at the harbor of Marken, take a boat back to Volendam. As you cruise along the sparkling coastline, learn about the fascinating history and culture of the area with your handy audio guide (English or Dutch). The Volendam-Marken Express departs every 30 minutes from Marken, ensuring you don't have to worry about accessibility. You also have the opportunity to dress up in traditional Volendam attire and get photographed. Your picture will act as a great souvenir from your visit to this unique village!
know before you go
COVID Safety Information
- All areas that customers frequently touch are sanitized.
- Guests may/may not be subject to temperature checks beforehand.
- All guests are recommended to bring along face masks for safety.
- It is recommended to maintain social distancing with other guests (2 meters apart).
- Regularly sanitize your hands. Sanitizers are available upon request.
- All guests driving an e-scooter must have a valid driver's license, to be presented at the time of renting.
- You are not be allowed to rent or drive the e-scooter when you are intoxicated by alcohol or drugs.
- This is a self-guided tour. You will receive clear and easy directions in order to be able to find your way.
- Scooters are not allowed on the highway with our vehicles. You must always drive on the stated bike paths.
- Please be mindful of the residents and other road users
- When renting an e-scooter a deposit of €50 is required, which will be returned to you after giving back the (undamaged) e-scooter.
Directions are available in English, French, Russian, Spanish, German, Chinese, Dutch, Italian, Portuguese, Arabic & Japanese
You may pick up your e-scooter between 9:30 AM & 6 PM.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the ticket redemption point.
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid delays.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification.
Ticket Redemption Point
- Redeem your tickets and pick up your scooters at the ticketing office of Rent & Event.
- Address: Haven 45, 1131 EP Volendam, Netherlands.
- The closest bus stop is Volendam, Volendam Centrum, a 7-min walk to the ticketing office.
- Bus N14 will bring you here.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.