Auckland War Memorial Museum Entry Ticket and Optional Guided Tours
Explore Maori artefacts, New Zealand natural history specimens, and marvel at the treasures and architecture of the Auckland Museum. Choose the Gallery Highlights Tour or the Hidden Heritage Tour to delve into the country's past and receive a unique glimpse with an expert guide.
- Discover the artifacts at the Auckland Museum with an audio guide to learn about New Zealand's natural environment, history, culture, and role in war and conflicts.
- View the museum's collection of Maori artifacts, which includes carved meeting houses, canoes, and weapons.
- Visit the Natural History Gallery to learn about the nation's flora, fauna, and the changes in the landscape.
- Pay a visit to the War Memorial Gallery to learn about New Zealand's participation in various conflicts.
- Admire the neo-classical design of the Museum and enjoy views of the surrounding park from the front lawn.
- Choose the 1-hour Gallery Highlights Tour to gain a thorough insight of Maori culture and the accomplishments of Polynesian navigators from an expert guide.
- Get a keen understanding of Auckland's distinctive natural history and geology with the Gallery Highlights Tour, and learn about the battles that created the country through fascinating anecdotes.
- Select the 1-hour Hidden Heritage Tour to view early plans and pictures and hear priceless anecdotes about the museum's past.
- General admission ticket
- Audio guide in English and Mandarin
- Curator-trained museum guide (optional)
- Gallery Highlights Tour (optional)
- Hidden Heritage Tour (optional)
- Access to exhibitions
- Parking fees
- E-locker charges
You can cancel these tickets up to 48 hours before the experience begins and get a full refund.
A Visit To The Century Old Auckland Museum
The Auckland Museum, which has been at the city center for almost a century, is one of New Zealand's most notable structures and offers insight into the culture and history of the country. As soon as you enter the space, your experience at the museum is immediately enhanced by the exquisite neo-classical design and architecture. Along with natural history specimens and exhibitions on New Zealand's history and culture, the museum also has a notable collection of Maori and Pacific artifacts. You can also pay your respects to fallen heroes at the War Memorial Gallery, which is a touching memorial to those who have served New Zealand in times of war.
Deep Dive Into New Zealand's History and Culture with the Gallery Highlights Tour
The 1-hour Gallery Highlights guided tour, led by a professional guide, will take you through the museum's important galleries, providing a thorough understanding of New Zealand's past and present. This is an excellent opportunity to learn about lesser-known aspects of Maori and Pacific culture. At the Natural History Gallery, you may also learn about the country's geological history and view some of the numerous fossils discovered there.
Discover The Architectural Secrets Of Auckland Museum with the Hidden Heritage Tour
The 1-hour Hidden Heritage Tour gives you a peek into the museum's architectural past. This is your chance to learn about the museum's architects, the stories concealed within its wall cavities, and its history over time. You'll also get to see some of the museum's lesser-known facets, such as early plans and pictures.
know before you go
know before you go
- It is recommended to enter the venue from the Grand Foyer.
- The digital audio guide is available in English, Mandarin.
- Please carry your own earphones for the best audio experience.
- Facilities: Parking, Lockers, Wheelchair Accessibility, Restroom.
- This tour can accommodate a maximum of 10 people in 1 group.
- Tripods and bags with dimensions greater than 40cm (L) x 15cm (W) x 35cm (H) are prohibited in the galleries and must be checked into a self-service locker.
Museum Operating Hours
- Mon, Wed, Thu, Fri: 10am to 5pm
- Tue: 10am to 8:30pm
- Sat, Sun, Public Holidays: 9am to 5pm
Gallery Highlights Tour
- Daily: 10am to 2pm
Hidden Heritage Tour
- Daily: 1pm
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the meeting point.
- Please arrive at the redemption point 15 minutes before the scheduled time of your visit to avoid any delays.
Ticket Redemption Point
- Meet your guide at Auckland War Memorial Museum.
- Address: Parnell, Auckland 1010, New Zealand.
- The closest bus stop is Auckland Museum. It is a quick 2-minute walk to the redemption point.
- Board bus #781 to get you there.
- The closest train station is Parnell. It is a quick 10-minute walk to the redemption point.
- Board train Britomart to get you there.