The Rembrandt House Museum Entrance Tickets with Audioguide
Visit the home of the supremely talented Rembrandt van Rijn, where he lived, painted, and collected seashells.
- Visit the Rembrandt House Museum, formerly the artist's home where he worked for two decades
- Explore a large collection of his etchings, sketchings, and paintings on display at the museum
- Find out more about his sources of inspiration from his personal collections of armory and seashells
- Pick up painting tips at the sketching and painting demonstration held at the museum every day
- Entrance tickets to the Rembrandt House Museum
- Audioguide in 10 languages
- Audio guide for kids
strict cancellation policy
The ticket cannot be canceled, amended, or rescheduled
what to expect
After Rembrandt married Saskia van Uylenburgh, they moved into their own place in the upscale Amster 'Breestraat' ('Broadway'), today known as Jodenbreestraat, in 1639. The Rembrandt family would continue to live in this house until 1656 when Rembrandt went bankrupt. It would be in this house that Rembrandt would paint some of his most famous works, including The Nightwatch. Now, the house has been converted into a museum showcasing his sketches, rare paintings, and personal collection of memorabilia. The house has also been redecorated with furniture, art, and objects from the 17th century, so as to give you a feel of Rembrandt’s world from the moment you step in.
What’s more, you can take part in two fascinating activities at the museum. Firstly, you can learn to paint and sketch just like Rembrandt at a live painting demonstration held at the museum every day. Secondly, you can visit the Laboratory Rembrandt exhibit, where you can see how art historians and scientists use state-of-the-art technology to peel back the layers from Rembrandt’s works and reveal unique and tiny details, things that the naked eye can never catch. This provides a greater context to the artistic process, as well as a glimpse into the past through the lens of modern science.
know before you go
Audio Guide Languages
Dutch, English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Chinese, Japanese and Portuguese. The children's audio tour will be in Dutch and English
Timings and Availability
The museum’s opening hours are from 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM every day.
Ages 5yrs and below go free. Ages 6-17yrs enjoy reduced pricing (carry a valid photo ID)
Unfortunately, this experience has limited accessibility by wheelchair.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly after the purchase
- Please display the same along with a valid photo ID at the time of redemption
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid student IDs
Ticket Redemption Point
- Redeem your voucher at the attraction itself - The Rembrandt House Museum
- Address: Jodenbreestraat 4, 1011 NK Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Bus: 305, 314, 316, 357, 397
- Train: INTERCITY, INTERCITY DIRECT, SPRINTER
- Metro: 51, 54
The ticket is valid for the date selected during checkout